Default NASCAR considering a second truck race on dirt in 2014

http://racingwithrich.com/?p=2326

NASCAR had so much success with the truck race at Eldora that they are considering a second dirt race for 2014.

Possibly Knoxville, Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Returning to Dirt View Post
    http://racingwithrich.com/?p=2326

NASCAR had so much success with the truck race at Eldora that they are considering a second dirt race for 2014.

Possibly Knoxville, Iowa.
    Part of me would love to see it come to fruition, another part of me hopes not (living here, I know that the track, town and local organizations would need more help if the event came to pass (which means locals like me take vacation days from work to volunteer or work).

Rumor in these parts is that Iowa Speedway in Newton will reduce their schedule to (4) race weekends (from 6) in 2014 dropping a truck race and a Nationwide race off their schedule.....

My guess is that the 2nd dirt race will end up at Charlotte, Vegas or Texas (SMI Tracks) as they already have the tracks, seating and relationship with NASCAR already.

Knoxville would be the perfect place for it.

I think the Springfield Mile would be a fun track to watch them at. Something would need done for a bigger / longer pit road.

Hearing that the Raceway has been doing a financial analysis to see if it makes sense to have one. Doesn't look good....

Impossible to actually turn a profit due to the "extras" that NASCAR is requiring.....

Charlotte, Texas or Vegas????

Quote Originally Posted by vande07 View Post
    Hearing that the Raceway has been doing a financial analysis to see if it makes sense to have one. Doesn't look good....

Impossible to actually turn a profit due to the "extras" that NASCAR is requiring.....

Charlotte, Texas or Vegas????
    wonder how much in "extras" there are. 24,000 people at 40 a pop is just under a million of income with maybe a 300k purse?
    Last edited by tiger; 09-13-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Without corporate money, no place makes sense. Scuttlebutt says Charlotte Dirt track is history after the Finals this year. Maybe Eldora's success changes that.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Jeff ?????

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    wonder how much in "extras" there are. 24,000 people at 40 a pop is just under a million of income with maybe a 300k purse?
    hearing the sanction fees are nearly $300,000 alone.....

And kids won't be full price I'm sure, unless the ticket is family affordable ($30 adults, $20 teens, and $10 kids, I doubt it is even going to be considered).

Since they ran that race at Eldora I have been thinking that they need to put dirt back on Bristol and could run the trucks there with regular pitting and could also see the late models and the Sprints on it again. I missed it the first time around but I would definitely be there this time.

Quote Originally Posted by slick01 View Post
    Without corporate money, no place makes sense. Scuttlebutt says Charlotte Dirt track is history after the Finals this year. Maybe Eldora's success changes that.
    That rumor has been going around for about the last five years, hasn't happened yet so I wouldn't read much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureLegend View Post
    That rumor has been going around for about the last five years, hasn't happened yet so I wouldn't read much into it.
    Yea I know, but for once I heard it from someone I consider very reliable. I hope it doesn't happen.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Well, the 2014 schedules are out and Eldora is the lone dirt race on the schedule in 2014. Iowa Speedway has reduced down to 3 race weekends (from 5 last year) and dropped one truck race.

I think the only way NASCAR continues to go to Eldora in 2015 and beyond is if at least 1 more dirt track is added to the schedule. My bet is that it will be Charlotte during the All Star Weekend beginning in 2015.