Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shock Tech Q&A

Yes, full tight the rebound overcomes the spring with the bumper dyno test.

Majority of places i run are paperclip style, 1/4 miles

Penske, what's your thoughts on "critically damped"?

honestly, we typically never have much luck with critical damping. in theory or some simulation it should work, but in actuality, when it comes to driver feel, track conditions, tire wear, you will typically end up with a different curve. I know some engineers that live by it, some work, but majority we have seen struggle to make it work. They get so focused on critical damping, they end up tuning everything else around it.

Penske has a wide range of shocks available, what in your opinion is the best choice for a budget racer that runs one track week to week, as far as out of your line up of shocks?

If your running the same track week to week our 7500 non adjust is perfect. All our shocks use the same piston diameter so. internally you getting the same as our other shock, just not the adjustability. We have a lot of local guys and thats all they run, because like you said, they run the same track each week.We are finding we run a similar curve a lot of places, you could probably get away with all non-adjustables for a lot of tracks, may just need a few RF, RR, and LR options.

I would like to thank everyone that showed up to PRI this year and attended our seminar and stopped by our booth. The turn out was great and we had some really good discussions with some really good racers. Can't wait for 2014!

I spent a considerable amount of time talking to Penske at the PRI ... And I can say without a doubt there is an entirely different level of shock technology out there that the Penske guys operate on and the other manufactures aren't even aware it exists. I would have to be insane to not switch to Penske z

Quote Originally Posted by PenskeShocks View Post
    I would like to thank everyone that showed up to PRI this year and attended our seminar and stopped by our booth. The turn out was great and we had some really good discussions with some really good racers. Can't wait for 2014!
    any chance you guys would be at the widwest speed expo jan 11/12 . I have a couple shocks I want revalved rl-rf

Penske truly is top notch and are really stepping up in the dirt world their asphalt has always been second to none. Don't rule out JRI their booth the other week was amazing and they are top notch as well you can't go wrong with either IMO. The only problem we ever had was because we ran nascar LMSC breaking shim stacks and their nascar piston (has to be approved so it is what it is) isnt the bees knees but you won't be unhappy with either