Thread: rule rumors?

Default rule rumors?

Just wondering if there is any rumors of any IMCA rule changes for next year?

Keep hearing about a spoiler for the open motors.

Heard they(IMCA) are going to make all the Mods run z-links and GM rearends.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

lol I can see IMCA making that rule change!!! z-link and GM rearends!!this is my wish list1)Hoping to maybe see a spec aluminum head?2)bring back the roller cams ( were limited to 7,800 rpm so who cares)3)SPOILER4)and my biggest one is a quick change!!Ill prolly never see any of them lolbut they have to do something with open motors! otherwise evryone will have crates!

Quote Originally Posted by donmod View Post
    lol I can see IMCA making that rule change!!! z-link and GM rearends!!this is my wish list1)Hoping to maybe see a spec aluminum head?2)bring back the roller cams ( were limited to 7,800 rpm so who cares)3)SPOILER4)and my biggest one is a quick change!!Ill prolly never see any of them lolbut they have to do something with open motors! otherwise evryone will have crates!
    They WANT everyone to have crates, They are half the price upfront of a open motor and dont have the upkeep costs like an open motor.

I really hope they don't turn this into a crate division. Look at how well the crate late model classes are doing! NOT

I bet within 5 years IMCA will allow quick changes. But I also bet it won't be in the next two years. I don't really care about the spoiler as long as it's all or nothing. I ran a 3" last week and it sure tightened up the car on entry. Other than maybe giving crates a weight break I don't see much changing other than spoiler and weight next year.

Body may be maximum one inch outside of rear tires........... Heard they were going to do a similiar rule on the leftside for sportmods

with imca just find them a way to get a sticker or imca cast in to the part you want and the mfg to sponsor the series and they'll get it in. I agree the spec motor in the lm's killed the class. the crate deal is corrupt to many are building so called blue printed engines and gm dealer are selling hopped up cheater crate engines. We need to get back to building our own engines and taking some pride in that.I have always built my own engine and enjoy knowing I just bet guy's with high dollar pro built engines.

When does imca typically release the new rules anyways?

October-November usually

Most everything you have been hearing is rumors, Until I hear anything what so ever, they are all just internet chatter. Thanks, Sean Walker IMCA Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by C10 View Post
    Most everything you have been hearing is rumors, Until I hear anything what so ever, they are all just internet chatter. Thanks, Sean Walker IMCA Tech.
    True, hence the title of this thread. Also what fun would these message boards be if it was all truth and facts? LOL

This just in: New IMCA Race Procedure. For every 15 car in a feature, one will have to race in a clockwise circle. All classes will adopt this rule effevtice December 39, 2015
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

From listening to Bret Root on XSAN the other day it sounds like IMCA is considering allowing quick changes, but not for next year. He didn't talk about any big changes from this year to next your in either the modified or sportmod classes.

QC is what they need to do..

Quickchange would be great but not necessary. We have two cars so we dont do much gear changing. Although, if we were able to sell a car and just use 1, it would be a lot cheaper for us.