Default Power glide or triple disc?

Was wondering if anyone has any opinion on which way to go triple disc or power glide?

Most people seem to go with powerglide that I have talked to. Depends on rules though, if the three speed has to be completely stock then definately powerglide.

As long as you take care of it,, you can't go wrong with a TCI over any disc..had one for years.. I'll even take it over a Bert or Brinn.

Thanks guys I appreciate the input I was leaning the power glide way already but was just curious if many people ran them

I have ran them both, I seemed to always have some heat issues with powerglide under yellows. Low was too low and high was pushing it hard against clutch pak. We ran it off the clutch not off the band though, I have went to a triple disc and I like it a little better, just simplicity of it. Good luck either way.

How much weight differance is there between the power glide and a three speed?? Just curious, thanks...

I ran an Alum case Muncie with 1st and 2nd removed. Get it rolling in 3rd and shift to 4th, just like a Bert or Brinn. Very low rotating weight and an indestructible Trans. No slippage issues running on the clutch or band. Only way to go if you ask me.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports