Default Broken lifter boss.

I had a rocker arm wear and break a lifter and the lifter boss in a hydraulic head. I was planning to convert it over to a solid head this off season. the boss broke towards the spring and it broke out in one piece. Can it be welded back together and honed out then milled down for the solid adjusters?

Yes. I have milled the tower flush with the break and made sleeves as well. There isn't a ton of pressure on that side so if you have the broken piece you could braze it back in also.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

you can just buy the solid lifter kit the press in sleeves get pressed to the bottom of the existing bore and lock tighted in placethen i believe they get milled .300 lower that the valve cover rail. ther is well over 1" of thread on the solid adjuster inside the bore it wouldnt hurt to mill it lower until the boss has a flat seat surface. to help with strength use an extra lock nut on that adjuster set your lash like normal then run the extra nut down on the other for strength
    Miller

Hyd head...had lifter boss break into a few pieces, not a one time weld repair...about half way down on outer side, not oil feed side...anyone have a fix solution, sleeve,etc...how?

Find another head,have it milled ,valves redone,new cam bearings.Then toss the broken head,it's not good for anything but scrap metal.