Default Fox Body vs New Style Mustang

Hi guys wondering if anyone could provide any information on this topic. I currently run a fox body mustang mini stock but recently guys at other area tracks have had some success with the 1994-1999 mustangs. Per the rules you can run these newer style mustangs as long as you put a 2.3 liter in them. I was wondering if anyone had any good or bad experiences with these newer cars or could provide knowledge on the advantages or disadvantages. Both cars must be equipped with 2.3 liter motor, 7.5 inch rearend and both must meet minimum 6 inch ride height. Any info greatly appreciated before I decide which style car to build this winter, thanks in advance.

I would think the 05 and up would be a better choice.

untill 2000 or 2001? The new body style was just that, a new body style, they were still a fox body chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by C10 View Post
    untill 2000 or 2001? The new body style was just that, a new body style, they were still a fox body chassis.
    The last year of the fox body was 1993
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

1994 started the SN95 mustang. They have WIDER rack and pinions than a foxbody. They are also heavier. Depending on the rules you run under whether it would be worth trying.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Our rule states we can run any mustang 1980-1999 as long as we put a 2.3 liter and 7.5 inch rearend in it. For the most part we have to run stock suspension components for the year chassis we run. Per rules car has to weigh 2400 lbs with driver, not sure if that is possible with newer style car without cutting out to much of the main structure

62, you are correct, major brain fart there, sorry lol

A racer around my area built a 95 mustang (V6 car) a few years ago, it was a 2700# car but had a well built 2.3L in it, won lots of races at different tracks. I wouldn't hesitate to try an SN95, the 79-93 fox body stuff is getting hard to find anymore! SN95s V6 cars have 7.5" rearends in them stock.
    Last edited by Dirtman29; 10-16-2013 at 10:59 PM.

You can get them to 2400 if your driver isn't too heavy. There are some advantages to the newer car.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?