Thread: motor question

Default motor question

I'm going to be running a northern sport mod next year for the first time and I was wondering I should spend the money on an open motor or a crate motor wasn't sure on what all y'all are runnning not many of the cars down here run crate motors didn't know if they are a good option thanks

crate 100%

Crate! I have a Shark carb. I would reccomend to go with it. Mine is awesome and Scott Seuferer is great to work with. His number is 574-835-3755. I have 60 nights on my crate and stills runs with the best.

Most around here in Wisconsin are using the crate with great success. Its pretty typical to get 80+ nights if you maintain it correctly. JDR Performance carbs are pretty awesome, John is great and always available to help.

Don't surprise me everyone wants to run a crate since they have the carburetor rule lopsided so they get to run a 4barrel against the claim engine with a 2barrel of course the crate will outrun them thats a no brainer. To me the rule isn't creating a level playing field with the claim engine. I think both of the engines should run the same carb then we would see how great the crate engine is.

Well thanks y'all for the input I'll probably get a crate thanks

Most around here in Wi are using the cage with amazing achievements. Its fairly common to get many evenings if you sustain it properly.

I would recommend a crate engine all the way. You may not be quite as fast in the heavy with your crate as what a good open motor will be, but once the track gets slick you will have a big advantage compared to the open motor cars.