Peoria Speedway is for Sale or Lease

Default Peoria Speedway is for Sale or Lease

The result of inexperienced horrible management.

Thankfully Sherri won't be able hand pick the new owner like she did with this kid.

Maybe Tim Lance will buy it... He could run that place right! Or the Tony Stewart clan...

Quote Originally Posted by catgo22 View Post
    Maybe Tim Lance will buy it... He could run that place right! Or the Tony Stewart clan...
    Could be a person that's just down the road a bit, he wanted it bad last time but Sherri hand picked the present owner.

Yeah if you are not willing to lose money or if you have it to lose then by all means run it. It has nothing to do with Peoria Speedway. It's just not as easy as some think it is. Yes maybe he did do some things wrong but, like I said it's not that easy now a days. Yeah I know the bench promoters could do a better job lol. You have to be willing to spend lots of money to make it work and then there are no guarantee that will work either. Don't be surprised if there are not more on the chopping block.

It's the old saying in racing if you want to make a million start with 2 million
    Last edited by kidrock; 10-01-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Jason Plummer promoted quite a few specials at Peoria over the years. He would be a good choice. Who knows if he would want it or not.
    Feger Racing
    2010 Hell Tour Champion
    2011 UMP Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It's the old saying in racing if you want to make a million start with 2 million
    Yep, heard that one a bunch, very true.
    Race Count-2 1/10
    1.)Eldora UMP Nat's-April 12
    2.)Atomic Fizzle-May 9(NDRL-Queens of Dirt)
    3.)Sharon Speedway-May 24-Regular Show/Mod Lites

My hope is that someone steps up and takes on the challenge of running Peoria Speedway. This track has a legacy dating back to the early 1950's at the old Mt. Hawley location.

We all love dirt track racing or we wouldn't be here talking about it and the last thing any of us want is for another track, especially one with the pedigree of Peoria Speedway, to fade away and be reduced to a yearly reunion where all that is left are photo's and tales of races past.

I have no idea who would be good to own/promote the track, but please, someone step up and make a go of it before it's too late!

looks like he took the buildings ( trailers ) with him. their gone.

As i know he took them trailers into someones storage. Would love to see Curt keep running it!!

Then you are an idiot racingk510, as Curt has ran the track into the dirt. The reputation of Peoria Speedway has been dragged down so far by him and his "helpers". I hope someone who loves racing and KNOWS the common sense rules of racing can come in and gain the RESPECT of the drivers and fans again as Curt has let everyone down..

Quote Originally Posted by JReed View Post
    Then you are an idiot racingk510, as Curt has ran the track into the dirt. The reputation of Peoria Speedway has been dragged down so far by him and his "helpers". I hope someone who loves racing and KNOWS the common sense rules of racing can come in and gain the RESPECT of the drivers and fans again as Curt has let everyone down..
    You are a moron. The problem was dumb*sses like you condemned the place before he ran his first race. Did you even go to the track this year? He adds Late Models back, gets the crowd back and ask any racer who ran there this year about if they have respect or not for Curt. The flood killed that track this year. Period. Have you ever worked for a racetrack or promoted a race in your life? Go crawl back in your hole

Quote Originally Posted by ptown View Post
    The result of inexperienced horrible management.

Thankfully Sherri won't be able hand pick the new owner like she did with this kid.
    Well here is your chance to show everyone how it is done.....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwriter View Post
    The flood killed that track this year. Period.
    Exactly. More than most can imagine. Not getting up and running till mid June had to kill Curt. What most don't realize is that just because the track is not operating, the costs and bills still need to be paid. After the hit he probably took this year, I can see why he wants to get out. If owning and promoting a dirt track was such a profitable deal, you'd see them popping up all over the place like Micky D's instead of closing the doors which is what is happening across the Country. I pray that someone takes a interest in Peoria Speedway. Been going there since I was a kid. Many great memories.
    Feger Racing
    2010 Hell Tour Champion
    2011 UMP Champion

I was racing there in 1980's( when we had to race on 2 separate nights due to too many street stocks and hobos to race on one night) and now the cars I own still race there.Have been at Peoria since the 60's. I would hate to see her close forever.
    National Sarcasm Society
    Like we need your support. Sarcasm the bodies natural defense against stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    Well here is your chance to show everyone how it is done.....
    How much is Kurts mom and dad asking for the track?