Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

here is a link to what my car looks like in the corner https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnm...type=3&theater

I'll be at Clarys this weekend. Have you talked to Brett about the car isnt it a Hamilton? More rebound in the RR will keep it down. Your lower on gas pressure then I would have guessed. You can run less compression and more rebound will free entry and tighten exit. What are you clamped in front on spring on top?

Quote Originally Posted by hockey3266 View Post
    ^^^^^^ LOL everyone is anaylizing this wrong i want the car to stay on the right rear!!!! which will create more roll steer and side bite.... i know how to get more side bite and roll steer i want to know how to keep the rr planted when its in the corner....and yes i have a schrader vaulve but its a base vaulve shock i only run 20-30psi
    put it on z link on the right then

This isnt a true hamilton we changed the rear suspension and also all the hamilton cars do it lol thats y im on here.

and no we arent clamped we are on the birdcage spring beind lr and spring in front on right side

I don't know if Ive seen you run Clarys before I've been trying to help a few out there but pretty much stopped now for various reasons. I just went through the 17L the other week and changed him to a 4bar Jbar. If your hiking the RR to much it means you have a lot of thrust angle or you need more control over what might limit your hike like rebound or compression. Some suggested the RR chain its not a bad idea we run it on the LM to help in the slick but Clarys doesn't really get slick it keeps the car from hiking the RR so your not gaining bar angle which results in less thrust angle and less drive so a tighter car. If you have a 3-5 or a 4-6 shock maybe try that. Check all your Pull bar preload and your springs in it It could be hiking the whole rear but your just noticing it as a RR problem because they left normally hikes. What is your RR spring?

200 RR spring and the pullbar angle and preload is all correct ive talked to many people they said try channing down the car on the rr....Yes i will be losing some drive but they also said by channing it down i will entire the corner better, which will result in a better exit....

Everyone is giving you the chain answer. Is there a reason you don't want to chain down your right side? Chain is cheap. If you don't like or it causes another problem you can always take it off.

I did plan on channing it but most cars dont need the chain so i was trying to figure out what would be causing the hike up on the rr? That was the point of this thread.

When I went through manufacturers row at Boone almost every car had the chain on the right side. I talked to John Saathoff about why he doesn't run one on his car. He said that he did have a problem with this at one time, but they move the birdcage out a little (towards the wheel) and that eliminated the hike on the right side. He didn't tell me why he thought the car was going up, but said that was how he got his car to not do it. Jet cars are on of the ones that don't normally run a chain on the right. Might give that a shot.
    Last edited by clbaker25x; 10-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.

You will gain forward drive in a sense because the RR will have less drive so it will be tighter on exit. On the LM we set it to catch when the spring comes 1" off the collar I'm not sure the Modified procedure. Works the same way limiting RR upper bar angle.

Your car, just like any other modified, is getting on the bars. Its normal for your RR to hike up just like your LR. Attached is a video of our modified, look at the RR spring. Does your car wash out coming out of the corners?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPItPoQi-vY

I'm sure hes up that high because Clarys has been a rut fest lately. It looks somewhat normal to me the only difference and maybe thats where it feels different to me is the guys on rails have it on to the RF more just gives it that different attitude. I'm not sure if a chain would even cause much difference here Clarys barely gets past tacky it blows off sometimes. A chain might make it way to tight.

yeah well since the car is going on the right rear its effecting me majorly on entre like i cant turn under throttle i have to get out and use the brake....its like this on every track not just clarys

car is not going on the right rear***

Hmmmmm hit me up on FB maybe we can find something there I sent you a thing earlier.

Stock Car Driver, Thanks for pointing out my miss type.It should have said RR. Still JMO.