Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Roll over on right rear

What could cause a car not to stay on the right rear when your in the throttle in the cornors? When i get in the cornors the car rolls over but when i get back into the gas it jacks the lr and rr up as well what can i do to keep the rr down so the car will create roll steer?

take angle out of the upper RR bar

Most chassis builders run a chain on the right side to keep the car from jacking there.

speedbuggy.....I Only have 18* in the upper rr bar which isnt alot?

Are you on pullbar or liftarm?

pullbar and powerslide i sent you a pm to call me and this is about a differnt car we have

Get off work in 30 will give you a call then.

Maybe take some index out of right rear bird cage?? not sure if this would work for all applications

Just a thought but what rebound do you have in the shock? If you have a low amount of rebound, it will not hold the weight over on the RR. Might double check that the shock doesn't have a "dead spot" and needs rebuilt if possible.

Something to think about.

Check rebound in RR shock. How stiff RR spring are you running?

200 rr spring 4-5 base vavle shock

Quote Originally Posted by hockey3266 View Post
    What could cause a car not to stay on the right rear when your in the throttle in the cornors? When i get in the cornors the car rolls over but when i get back into the gas it jacks the lr and rr up as well what can i do to keep the rr down so the car will create roll steer?
    If all you're really after is roll steer, why don't you put more angle in your RR lower bar?

Have you tried anyone's suggestions yet? Just wondering if anything helped or hurt.

My car already has all the things they mentioned have the rr cage indexed at 0 rr upper bar angle is at 18* and you dont really want to go under that. and my shock isnt dead..... roll steer isnt really what im after because if i fix the problem the car will create roll steer....When i pick up the throtle in the corner the rr picks up like the left rear instead up digging creating side bite and roll steer...Since the rr is jacking up im losing roll steer...thought about chaning down the rr but really didnt want to have to do that!!!!!

Z Link Is sometimes used depending on your arrangement to effect this or more RR rebound

Is the pullbar centered inbetween the tires or closer to the RR? I would try moving it towards the LR either way see if it helps. Phillips used to have a late model that always picked up on the RR, watched him out run us alot w/ that RR up in the air.

Why are you worried about chaining the lr? A lot of fast guys are doing just that.Just adjust chain until you find what works on your car, 1.5- 3 inches. Works for me. JMO.

Does your shock have a schrader valve? Check your gas pressure if so. You could also be to soft on your pull bar whats your angle on that? 90/10 on it?

Quote Originally Posted by hockey3266 View Post
    My car already has all the things they mentioned have the rr cage indexed at 0 rr upper bar angle is at 18* and you dont really want to go under that. and my shock isnt dead..... roll steer isnt really what im after because if i fix the problem the car will create roll steer....When i pick up the throtle in the corner the rr picks up like the left rear instead up digging creating side bite and roll steer...Since the rr is jacking up im losing roll steer...thought about chaning down the rr but really didnt want to have to do that!!!!!
    So you are wanting more side bite because ???

I think he wants more roll steer and he isn't getting it because the RR is jacking up with the left rear. Could be a million things wrong.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

^^^^^^ LOL everyone is anaylizing this wrong i want the car to stay on the right rear!!!! which will create more roll steer and side bite.... i know how to get more side bite and roll steer i want to know how to keep the rr planted when its in the corner....and yes i have a schrader vaulve but its a base vaulve shock i only run 20-30psi