Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick update: We went to race at North Georgia Speedway last night. The track was a 1/3 mile very slick track. The car drove very smooth and didn't pogo at all. It was predictable and I was able to control it with the throttle off the corner. I had it too free in the heat race and went to the LCQ and finished 3-4 spots from making the feature. It was mostly due to my inexperience and not the car this time. But with some seat time in the car, I think we'll be in good shape next year.

The only trouble I had was with my transmission... had a terrible time trying to get it into low gear from neutral. But the shifting linkage has some swivel bolts in them and I think that was causing the problem. We're going to fix that and go run a practice day at Cleveland Speedway in 3 weeks.

Did you get your lift bar straight? Check your drop as it slick go to your max LR drop number. At full drop check your LRU bar angle and we index the LR upper bar down on the slot on the birdcage you also add some LRF shock compression if it gets slick the blue does have issues with what your describing though it's common to run 475 LF 325 RF 200s across rears and work with your bars shocks and 5th coil settings you want 4" of travel on your fifth coil or so sounds like it was better for ya!

Yes, we lengthed the lift bar brace and looks like it didn't hit the lower chassis bar this time so that was an improvement. Where the J-bar mounts to the rear looked to have worked itself loose and was probably flopping up and down and could've caused alot of the erratic behavior. We tightened it up and moved it up 3 notches.

I adjusted my shocks to be inbetween a slick and tacky track setup, that seemed to work pretty good but I could've set them to a completely slick setup as the track was very slick all night even in hotlaps.

We are going to go back and run the first track again where I had all my problems and make a couple bar changes and shock changes and see how that goes for us. I expect the car to be much better this time around and much more driveable. Seat time and more seat time is what I need!