Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    These guys need to go! Along with a number of other top GOP figureheads.
    That's funny these are probably 2 guys in the GOP party I like and agree with on some things.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeater18 View Post
    Are you forgetting that no Republicans voted for ObamaCare in the first place so President Sneaky Underhand passed it at 6 am on Christmas Ever after all of his opposition has left town for the Holidays ?

Senate passes health-care bill
    By Shailagh Murray and Lori Montgomery
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, December 25, 2009

Senate Democrats approved landmark legislation just after sunrise Christmas Eve that would transform the nation's health-care system by requiring people without insurance to obtain coverage and protecting those who have it from the most unpopular private insurance practices.
    The Senate bill passed "without a single GOP vote", after a 25-day floor debate marked by biting partisan rhetoric. As Democrats overcame divisions and closed ranks, accepting concessions to push the bill through, Republicans became fierce in opposition. Even Sen. Olympia J. Snowe (R-Maine) -- a moderate courted over many months by Obama -- responded "No," frowning when the Senate clerk called her name.

And the Libs say what the Replublicans is doing isn't fair WOW !
    Yes and do you remember the republicans were so he'll bent on making sure Obama did not get reelected they forgot to actually govern. I would bet the bill would be quite different if they would have instead of trying everything in their power to make sure Obama did not get reelected.

Yes a lot of bills are passed in that same manner but,that's be real it's not like it was this big secrete. It was talked about,debated like you posted for 25 days and on every news channel out there for weeks.

Well I'm not going to say what the republicans are doing is not fair heck life is not fair at times but, I don't think it was to smart and the polls are showing that. Listen if you think I'm happy with the way the dems have handled things you are mistaken. Same has Obama he has made mistakes no doubt about it but, I just love those people that think the republicans never do no wrong. Gotta love it.

Bills passed in the same maner as health care? Name them, you can't.... If obummer was willing to change even the smallest of details he would have, he hasn't.... take the blinders off friend.... and Grahm and McSame, progressives, Democrat lite....their both gone....

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Bills passed in the same maner as health care? Name them, you can't.... If obummer was willing to change even the smallest of details he would have, he hasn't.... take the blinders off friend.... and Grahm and McSame, progressives, Democrat lite....their both gone....
    Mud, are you going to tell me there has never been bills passed in the middle of the night before really, I bet if you look it up you will see it has been done before.
    Last edited by kidrock; 10-11-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Did anyone else notice that when things started to go bad for the right wingers on here, we have this DirtRacer2014 name show up and start parroting the same GOP talking points like all the other right wingers on here? I called him out on his first cut and paste post, he responds by calling me narrow minded etc.... Just like all the other right wingers do on here.

Geeeeeee.... anyone think Terry or Freddy just got another new username? Neverrrrrrr!!!! The GOTea billies wouldn't stoop to such a lowly, disreputable shenanigan! Neverrr!!! lol

I've started listening to Rush Limbaugh everyday these days. It's remarkable how he spent a great deal of time talking about how Obama's approval rating was "just" 37%, then went on to bring up Neil Cavuto blasting Bush when Bush hit that number and comparing media coverage from then to now. Of course, while all the right wingers on here blatantly deny they get their opinions spoon fed to them by the GOTea Billy propaganda machine, isn't it just wholly remarkable that all they do now is bleeeeet on and on about Obama's terrible terrible 37% approval rating, just like the talking heads they get brainwashed by do now?

What Limbaugh forgot to mention (which is how the right wing echo chamber dupes it's minions into believing their lies) was the situation at that time; what Congress approval rating was by comparison (hint hint... it wasn't 5%), why Bush was tanking and the fact that the entire govt was not shut down at the time with the nation teetering on the brink of another financial crisis.

Here are the current Gallup poll numbers:

Obama approval 43%
    Obama disapproval 50%

Democrat approval 43%
    Democrat disapproval 49%

Republican approval 28% (RECORD LOW FOR ANY PARTY SINCE POLLING BEGAN!!!
    Republican disapproval 62%

WHAT!?!?!?!?! Obama and the Dems approval rating is roughly 15% higher than approval for the Republicans? But the STORY for the right wing hate machine is "Obama at 37% approval..." but he's nowhere near as far in the hole as the GOTea party. And over in the "lame stream media" the talking heads are NOT making the HISTORIC, RECORD SETTING LOW approval rating for the GOP their lead story. No, just the right wing echo chamber is making Obama's fairly low approval, but nothing we haven't seen before, rating their BIG NEWS. Fair and Balanced? No Spin? Bringing you the facts? Really? What a load of hogwash!

Perhaps instead of focusing on a relatively low approval rating for Obama, perhaps the GOTea Billies would like to take a look at their own approval rating (a paltry, dismal, may as well just hang it up because so stinking few people actually AGREE with what you're doing) 28%approval rating.

And then comes the Big Kahuna of all polling numbers... Disapproval. 62%.... you read that correctly.... 62% DISAPPROVE of the GOTea Billys. 62%.

I say let's (hypothetically, as if it were possible when we know we can't) have a general election RIGHT NOW and see what the outcome is on our politics. I would predict, based on the numbers, that the GOTea Billy party would lose their majority, the Dems would take control of the House, the Senate would get some more common sense people in it, Cruz would lose, and Obama would have no trouble getting reelected if third terms were allowed.

You guys can be the vocal minority on here, and you can bleet bleet bleet like the good little brainwashed sheep sheep sheep that you are, but you can't tell me that every American (and there are a LOT) who disagree with you are all just simpletons being led astray. Your lies, misrepresentations and silly shenanigans aren't winning any debates, furthering your cause or helping you get to your goals.

Basically, the Tea Billys have outstayed their welcome. I HOPE for a CHANGE in American politics, one in the form of the Tea Party going it's own way from the Republicans, thus splitting the Republican party into 2 parties, diluting the conservative/right wing votes from one candidate to two in each district (One Dem, One Repub, and One Tea Billy) and thus guaranteeing a Dem victory in each district where this occurs. Because there is NO WAY the Tea Billy is EVER going to get enough votes if they run as a third party candidate, and NO WAY they are EVER pulling a single Democratic vote.

I'm really starting to LIKE tea..... lol
    Last edited by t.nie; 10-11-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Mud, are you going to tell me there has never been bills passed in the middle of the night before really, I bet if you look it up you will see it has been done before.
    A lot of legislation gets passed, or filibustered, in the middle of the night. For starters, we don't see Mudflinger throwing rocks about Cruz filibustering through the night as though that's some kind of backroom shenanigan, or all of the votes on the last CR in the middle of the night with all the GOTea "defund Obamacare" srtings attached that led to the shutdown.

No, this is what the right wingers do, they take what is not controversial and invent controversies to divide people from it. Just look at the GOTea Billy manufactured government shutdown that is happening now. Never should have took place, if they had followed precedent and just passed the CR to keep the government running, no strings attached, as has been done countless times before. No, this time, some right wing ignoramuses just couldn't pass up an opportunity to take a shyt on America and cause a ruckus. But, typically, this won't be portrayed in a true light by the right, it will be misrepresented, just like the "clandestine, dastardly and conniving passing of the health care law in the middle of the night".

I believe Hilary Clinton hit the nail on the head. We don't have fact based debates any more, not with the propaganda blaring from the loudspeakers of Fox, Rush et al.
    Last edited by t.nie; 10-11-2013 at 09:32 AM.

I guess the Republicans and conservatives, just want dirty air and water to drink, cus we dont belive in the BS climate change( they had to change from Global warming wonder why?) We dont want senior citizens to have any medications, money for food and to live on. We dont want children to have food, and a good education. We dont want the poor to have food, housing, cellphones, and money. We dont want the uninsured to have health care. Forget anything, all ya, We dont women to have access to birth control, and tax payor abortions. We dont want minorities to vote, because we want everyone to have A legal ID to vote. We dont believe in illegal immigration rights, because we expect people to follow the laws of the land. Where have I hear that before? Gimme me some time I think of some more that those evil republicans what to do! Let me change that the conservative tea party republicans. Cus there are many progressive republicans that believe all they bs above!

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Did anyone else notice that when things started to go bad for the right wingers on here, we have this DirtRacer2014 name show up and start parroting the same GOP talking points like all the other right wingers on here? I called him out on his first cut and paste post, he responds by calling me narrow minded etc.... Just like all the other right wingers do on here.

Geeeeeee.... anyone think Terry or Freddy just got another new username? Neverrrrrrr!!!! The GOTea billies wouldn't stoop to such a lowly, disreputable shenanigan! Neverrr!!! lol

I've started listening to Rush Limbaugh everyday these days. It's remarkable how he spent a great deal of time talking about how Obama's approval rating was "just" 37%, then went on to bring up Neil Cavuto blasting Bush when Bush hit that number and comparing media coverage from then to now. Of course, while all the right wingers on here blatantly deny they get their opinions spoon fed to them by the GOTea Billy propaganda machine, isn't it just wholly remarkable that all they do now is bleeeeet on and on about Obama's terrible terrible 37% approval rating, just like the talking heads they get brainwashed by do now?

What Limbaugh forgot to mention (which is how the right wing echo chamber dupes it's minions into believing their lies) was the situation at that time; what Congress approval rating was by comparison (hint hint... it wasn't 5%), why Bush was tanking and the fact that the entire govt was not shut down at the time with the nation teetering on the brink of another financial crisis.

Here are the current Gallup poll numbers:

Obama approval 43%
    Obama disapproval 50%

Democrat approval 43%
    Democrat disapproval 49%

Republican approval 28% (RECORD LOW FOR ANY PARTY SINCE POLLING BEGAN!!!
    Republican disapproval 62%

WHAT!?!?!?!?! Obama and the Dems approval rating is roughly 15% higher than approval for the Republicans? But the STORY for the right wing hate machine is "Obama at 37% approval..." but he's nowhere near as far in the hole as the GOTea party. And over in the "lame stream media" the talking heads are NOT making the HISTORIC, RECORD SETTING LOW approval rating for the GOP their lead story. No, just the right wing echo chamber is making Obama's fairly low approval, but nothing we haven't seen before, rating their BIG NEWS. Fair and Balanced? No Spin? Bringing you the facts? Really? What a load of hogwash!

Perhaps instead of focusing on a relatively low approval rating for Obama, perhaps the GOTea Billies would like to take a look at their own approval rating (a paltry, dismal, may as well just hang it up because so stinking few people actually AGREE with what you're doing) 28%approval rating.

And then comes the Big Kahuna of all polling numbers... Disapproval. 62%.... you read that correctly.... 62% DISAPPROVE of the GOTea Billys. 62%.

I say let's (hypothetically, as if it were possible when we know we can't) have a general election RIGHT NOW and see what the outcome is on our politics. I would predict, based on the numbers, that the GOTea Billy party would lose their majority, the Dems would take control of the House, the Senate would get some more common sense people in it, Cruz would lose, and Obama would have no trouble getting reelected if third terms were allowed.

You guys can be the vocal minority on here, and you can bleet bleet bleet like the good little brainwashed sheep sheep sheep that you are, but you can't tell me that every American (and there are a LOT) who disagree with you are all just simpletons being led astray. Your lies, misrepresentations and silly shenanigans aren't winning any debates, furthering your cause or helping you get to your goals.

Basically, the Tea Billys have outstayed their welcome. I HOPE for a CHANGE in American politics, one in the form of the Tea Party going it's own way from the Republicans, thus splitting the Republican party into 2 parties, diluting the conservative/right wing votes from one candidate to two in each district (One Dem, One Repub, and One Tea Billy) and thus guaranteeing a Dem victory in each district where this occurs. Because there is NO WAY the Tea Billy is EVER going to get enough votes if they run as a third party candidate, and NO WAY they are EVER pulling a single Democratic vote.

I'm really starting to LIKE tea..... lol
    Why such an obsession with the Tea Party?

If they aren't a threat and are destined to lose, why do you feel the need to mention them in most of your posts?

What is it that the Tea Party stands for that really bothers you?

There basic tenants are less government, less taxes and getting back to actually following the Constitution and how the framers envisioned the country to be. Which of those are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by skids View Post
    Why such an obsession with the Tea Party?

If they aren't a threat and are destined to lose, why do you feel the need to mention them in most of your posts?

What is it that the Tea Party stands for that really bothers you?

There basic tenants are less government, less taxes and getting back to actually following the Constitution and how the framers envisioned the country to be. Which of those are wrong?
    Obsession with the Tea Party? Really? Why don't you ask yourself why you are so obsessed with hating a duly, legally and legitimately elected President? I have a particular profound dislike of people who live in cloud cuckoo land, are mentally unstable, ignorant of facts and law, yet spout off like they are God's very own gift to the rest of us.

The basic tenants of the Tea Party are less government- Great IDEA! Fan freakin tastic! Defund the EPA, get rid of all consumer protections, dismantle voter rights laws, remove all regulations on business and let the freaks go NUTS in our nation doing whatever they please. Sounds like a great plan! We should do this TODAY!

A lot of nations tried this.... take a look at any poorly run sweatshop nation and you will see very little government, little regulation, a lot of poverty, sickness and depravation for the masses while the rich folk live like kings pissing on the minions. But hey, let's get rid of government... it would be so much better if business could just EXPLOIT every dam thing with no restrictions. Just look at Credit default swaps and the government bailout that followed when the economy cratered.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a DIFFERENT result.

Basic tenant #2-Less taxes. This works well in conjunction with genius idea number 1. Well shoot, Bubba, we get rid of all them nasty regulations that stand in the way of corporate pillaging of the American economy and we don't have to pay no steenking taxes to pay for it! Kick grandma off food stamps and medicare, make her family pay for her healthcare out of their own pocket. That way, we don't pay no taxes! And the heck with roads, who needs them? If I had all the money I could save by not paying no taxes, why me and Billy Joe Jr could have a private helicopter and wouldn't drive nowhere anyway, why we'd be flying!

And schools? Don't need no steenking edumacashun, just do what corporate Ameriker tells ya on the Tee Vee, that's all you need to be a smarty feller! Besides, when your job only requires you to push a button on the machine or drive the truck (no regulations means you don't have no paperwork to fill out to track loads, or fill out a log book for driving hours cause you can do drugs and drive 24-7 until you get to where you need to go or collapse) who needs to read and write?

Besides, smart folk only git in the way of getting rid of regulations and taxes anyway! We don't need no smarts when we have no regulations to follow and have all that money in taxes to spend anyways!

Tenant 3-Let's get back to following the constitution- Why, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) GOOD IDEA! So let's start with shutting the phuck up about Obamacare and quit yer dam bellyaching about taxes and regulations, because if you were half the Constitutional Scholar you Tea Billies think you all are, you would already know the law was passed as prescribed in The Constitution, challenged and upheld by the Supreme Court as per your precious Constitution, and is now the law. All of this was done PER THE CONSTITUTION.

Please, enlighten us all, Oh Tea Billies, which part of the Constitution was VIOLATED? Oh, wait..... All of it, right? Because any time the Tea Billy doesn't get his own way, he immediately starts shouting about "That's against the CONSTERTUSION!!!!! It aint right how this administration just walks all over the CONSTERTUSION!!!"

I read your posts and quite frankly, it is blatantly obvious you never bother to go look up anything for yourself. You referred in your post before about "pass the law to know what's in it" made by Pelosi, but have you ever gone to look and see in what context that comment was made? No. You haven't. And of course, in the context it was made, it was a perfectly valid comment and point to make: In response to Republicans claiming they hadn't read the law but were having to vote on it and they were sure it was bad and could Pelosi tell them why they should vote for something they didn't really understand what was in it, her comment back was "well then, you'll have to pass the law to FIND OUT what's in it." In other words, her point was, as mine is now, QUIT DEMANDING OTHER PEOPLE THINK FOR YOU! Do your own research, figure things out for yourself, read, investigate, and for God's sake turn something on other than the right wing propaganda. Because I listen to that everyday too, and you will NEVER get a legitimate, well rounded perspective when you only listen to one side. Especially THAT side.

SEE I TOLD you so!!! Tea party folks just want to kill old people, not allow minorities to vote, hate all immigrants. t.nie you just made my point. I wonder how america survived without social security, food stamps, war on poverty, the epa. I wonder how this country ever made it to greatness without the widsom of Democrats???
    Dont ever bring up Pelosi, she was talking to illegal immigrats allowing them to have 1st amendment rights and rally on national mall which was closed. Why WWII vets could not visit WWII memorial. Explain to me how illegal immigrants have 1st amendment rights. They are not CITIZENS of US. Just once, why dont you democats try to sneak into mexico, and see how mexican goverment treats its illegal immigrants!!!

T.nie education is in horrible. Wonder why. Since the Dept of education was started. Big goverment involvement, education in america has declined. FACT!!!!! Also since when do demcrats who state they want great education. Not allow the parents in DC allow school volchers, to allow poor folks to send the children to better schools. FACT!!! It all about teacher union to them. Could care less if education is a problem.

For a good example of the importance of education, just read the two posts above. I think this pretty much is a good display of the level of thinking and ability to express thought in written form of a Tea Party supporter.

I'm just surprised he didn't mention gun rights, patriotism and the Constitution. lol

Thumbs down Pot meets Kettle !

Did anyone else notice that when things started to go bad for the right wingers on here, we have this DirtRacer2014 name show up and start parroting the same GOP talking points like all the other right wingers on here?
    I called him out on his first cut and paste post, he responds by calling me narrow minded etc.... Just like all the other right wingers do on here.
    First off, nothing is going "bad" for the Conservatives in this thread. Obama and his Liberals are being exposed of lots or their ridiculous antics though !
    And, You called him out because his post contained actual facts, and Liberals don't like facts. They make them look bad. So just like their leader King O, their tactic is to change the subject or create some other distraction. King O would be really proud of You, Congratulations !!!!

Lets face it nothing is going good for conservatives, liberals or the President. A overwhelming amount of Americans want to get rid of ALL OF THEM did you hear that ALL OF THEM. I agree with them. Look what they want to do now. they want to kick the can down the road with a six week extension. Come on get in the da-- room and negotiate our way out of this mess. it's not going to much longer and the people of this country will be marching the streets of D.C. Get off your AZZ and come up with some kind of jobs bill that will actually work. You can't tell me you can't come up with a plan that will actually work.

Mudeater, they both have showed their ridiculous antics. Like I said there is nothing to be proud of here.

Obsession with the Tea Party? Really? Why don't you ask yourself why you are so obsessed with hating a duly, legally and legitimately elected President?
    I criticize the president because he is doing damage to the country. I fully concede that he is in a position to do such damage. You, on the other hand, want to claim BOTH, that the Tea Party is insignificant and losing big, YET are causing problems and doing damage. You can't have it both ways.

I read your posts and quite frankly, it is blatantly obvious you never bother to go look up anything for yourself. You referred in your post before about "pass the law to know what's in it" made by Pelosi, but have you ever gone to look and see in what context that comment was made? No. You haven't. And of course, in the context it was made, it was a perfectly valid comment and point to make: In response to Republicans claiming they hadn't read the law but were having to vote on it and they were sure it was bad and could Pelosi tell them why they should vote for something they didn't really understand what was in it, her comment back was "well then, you'll have to pass the law to FIND OUT what's in it." In other words, her point was, as mine is now, QUIT DEMANDING OTHER PEOPLE THINK FOR YOU! Do your own research, figure things out for yourself, read, investigate, and for God's sake turn something on other than the right wing propaganda. Because I listen to that everyday too, and you will NEVER get a legitimate, well rounded perspective when you only listen to one side. Especially THAT side.
    I think its you that needs to do some research. It was IMPOSSIBLE for ANYONE to have read (let alone understand) what was in the bill when she said that. It was also not posted for the public to view in the way Obama "promised" ALL bills would be before they were passed. You know, keeping with the "most transparent administration" BS he spewed early on?

The fact that you try to defend anything Pelosi has done is beyond me. She is indefensible.
    Last edited by skids; 10-11-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Or just maybe this country would be getting back on track if they would have just governed instead of just trying everything in their power to make sure he did not get reelected which they failed miserably at. Just look at the money they spent this last election trying to make that happen. Pretty said if you ask me. At least I can admit that both sides have made a mess of things unlike some on here that just want to blame one side. I guess that's what you get when we don't have a unbiased new corp and they feed you nothing but,what you want to hear. I will say it again Both the President and Congress need to get off their azz ans start governing oh that's right they can't because the elitist want it this way. They want us all to be broke so, they can own it all. I can see what they are both doing and it ain't pretty I hope you can see that.
    wake up your in dream land againand congress and the prez are the elitist

Obsession with the Tea Party? Really? Why don't you ask yourself why you are so obsessed with hating a duly, legally and legitimately elected President? because he is ruining this country and an absolute bozo and you gwb bad really now

The fact that you try to defend anything Pelosi has done is beyond me. She is indefensible. count dirty harry also I would not trust him to wipe my dogs a$$
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 10-12-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    Obsession with the Tea Party? Really? Why don't you ask yourself why you are so obsessed with hating a duly, legally and legitimately elected President? because he is ruining this country and an absolute bozo and you gwb bad really now
    Never thought it would happen, but believe I'm agreeing with Litee again.!!!