Default intake water port

what is the best way to to block off the water port on the 2.3 ford intake if you cant weld it

Use felpro 91806 intake gasket, it does not have the water hole.

is that fel pro reusable?

ryan, like stated the fel-pro 91806 gasket. it is a d-port gasket designed for the carb intakes bolt pattern. it's a metal gasket with fiber/paper covering on both sides. i don't know if it supposed to be reusable but i have many times. i put a thin film of silicone on each side around the ports and around the water port on the head side. i have never had a problem pulling the intake off. if you are using an oval port intake you will have to trim the gasket since it is a d-port. i have done that when ever i run an oval intake. i currently use the uncut gasket on an oval port head with my d-port carb intake. most parts houses have to order it. it was used on early 80s propane or natural gas fairmonts.

olin

I use the 91806, and just am getting tired of ordering a new one every time I pull the intake. I didnt know if you could reuse them and was just being on the safe side. I have an efi dport intake and dport head.

it is not advertised as re-usable,but as long as none of the material is missing(stuck to head or intake)we re-use them all the time
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Take a piece of 1/4x1" flat bar and cut a piece to fit in there. JB weld it in place. Will also strengthen the head some if it's shaved within a ounce of it's life.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

not sure if i would do this, but the guy i bought my 2.3 from cut out a square from a pabsts blue ribbon can and siliconed it around the water port on the intake

Quote Originally Posted by camarofever View Post
    not sure if i would do this, but the guy i bought my 2.3 from cut out a square from a pabsts blue ribbon can and siliconed it around the water port on the intake
    many years ago i used soup can lids to block the exhaust crossover on my 56 ford 312 so that will work but with that gasket it isn't needed.

olin

come on, pabsts?

Hahahaha hey I bought it from Clinton.... I practice the flat rate style and use the correct gasket so I wont get a come back.... hahaha