Default 2-14 Rf tie down shock?

I talked to a very very good mod driver today about keeping a car attitude the same all the way around the track. He mentioned he never has been good at trail braking and uses a rf 2-14 tie down shock and a lr 14-2 pop up shock. It obviously works for him but what are the pros and cons of this setup. He did mention he has to miss holes and rutted up areas? I'm trying to smooth out my driving and run a line closer to a asphalt car.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf74 View Post
    I talked to a very very good mod driver today about keeping a car attitude the same all the way around the track. He mentioned he never has been good at trail braking and uses a rf 2-14 tie down shock and a lr 14-2 pop up shock. It obviously works for him but what are the pros and cons of this setup. He did mention he has to miss holes and rutted up areas? I'm trying to smooth out my driving and run a line closer to a asphalt car.
    The 2 comp and 14 rebound on the RF is on a lot of cars in the slick,we haven't much luck trying to run it on hooked up or bumpy tracks,The LR although there are plenty running the numbers you said,alot prefer a 8or9 on compression and a 2 on rebound and a brake floater,and you may want to try on the LR a dummy shock on front and your spring and a real shock behind,tremendous drive on a slick smooth track

Whats the dummy shock on the front do? I just started running shock/spring behind and yes forward bite is great but I cant keep the car on the bars and skates on entry. Does the dummy create resistance and help hold the car up? I know its a dummy (0-0 valve) but there hast to be friction there
    Chris Zogg

I'm on a 6-2 lr and my car slams down off the bars hard. I try to trail brake but it has not been helping. I might try a brake floater next year and a higher comp shock and see if it helps. The fast guys are so smooth it make me sick!!!

Were u clamped up before?

i run a 4-8 on my Right Front and an 8-2 on my Left rear (all Based on a QA1 number system)..... But i have built shocks all over the board almost every one of my customers are running more rebound on the right front its just to what extent they are running. Running a 2-12 is going to make the car smoother around the track but it can hurt you coming off of the corner. I do run a brake floater BTW a did make a huge difference in the car coming off of the bars and going into the corner

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin Iowan View Post
    Whats the dummy shock on the front do? I just started running shock/spring behind and yes forward bite is great but I cant keep the car on the bars and skates on entry. Does the dummy create resistance and help hold the car up? I know its a dummy (0-0 valve) but there hast to be friction there
    Some rules require the spring and shock be seperated on the LR,I think the dummy in front takes drive out but thats just my opinion.Something that may help is gas pressure in the LR shock 150 to 225 pds helps to keep the car from slamming down.
    Last edited by not clamped up; 10-14-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by not clamped up View Post
    Some rules require the spring and shock be seperated on the LR,I think the dummy in front takes drive out but thats just my opinion.Something that may help is gas pressure in the LR shock 150 to 225 pds helps to keep the car from slamming down.
    Thanks, i have a 200psi shock behind with spring and it was the first weekend on it. i think i need to stiffen up compression and psi. I also have a brake floater, i might have LR frame height to low as well as it feels like the rf is coming up from the lr dropping so fast and so low
    Chris Zogg