Default e 85 racing fuel

has anybody dyno e 85 against racing fuel 110

We picked up 20 ft lbs of torque with the e85. That's with a 400hp Street Stock engine.

If I have a 14.5:1 motor that's always run on gas, would I have to worry about detonation if I switched to E85?

Sorry, 67purestreet, about the hi-jack...

Speedbuggy,

I haven't studied this out but off the top of my head what octane is the gasoline portion of the E85? If it's local gas pump E85 it might be an issue but I'm just guessing here at the moment.

Really need some comments from some guys who are attempting to run this combo.

just wondering if i wuz getting beat by fuel . 13 to 1 max wuz what i heard

It makes more torque than standard race gas. You can run more compression with aluminum heads than iron, and more with a 2bbl than a 4bbl. Normal stuff. The key thing is to run a good carb and talk to the carb builder about what pump and lines to use. Stay away from the low buck mail order from the big box store carbs unless you don't value your time or your engine. Don't even attempt to dump fuel in and jet up, it doesn't work. Neither do conversion kits. If you're going to run it, make sure your fuel is 85% ethanol or find a source for E-98. It's great stuff if you do it right. If you don't have the budget for the right parts, don't try it unless you like frustration.

i had jdr build one preformed great best carb i ever had

It sounds like you set it up right! I've seen people try to cut corners with E-85 and fight it.

the money i saved on fuel payed for carb . plus i got a great carb to

One more comment.

E85 from the local pump will not be a straight 15/85 blend. The regulators have allowed a flexible blend ratio to accommodate prevailing conditions. Therefore the blend COULD range from 30/70 all the way up to 15/85.

CHECK WHAT YOU BUY! With some instruction you should be able to measure the specific gravity of each batch of fuel and adjust accordingly.