Thread: block help

Default block help

Can some one tell me what year block I have for a 2.3 casting # is RF-E32E-6015-DC. I am trying to find a front crank shaft plate that the seal goes into I have all but the right one I have one thats flat on the oil pan side but will not bolt up I am looking for one thats flat on the oil pan side for the new stile gasket. do they make one or to I just need to grind the front cover flat for the oil pan gasket

thanks for any help

That should be a 1983 year block. Should be fairly easy to find one of the front covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Norton22 View Post
    Can some one tell me what year block I have for a 2.3 casting # is RF-E32E-6015-DC. I am trying to find a front crank shaft plate that the seal goes into I have all but the right one I have one thats flat on the oil pan side but will not bolt up I am looking for one thats flat on the oil pan side for the new stile gasket. do they make one or to I just need to grind the front cover flat for the oil pan gasket

thanks for any help
    You will have to fill the groove in the seal holder with epoxy (JB Weld works great) to use the newer 1pc pan gasket. You will also have to cut the crush sleeves out of the pan gasket to use the larger 8mm bolts at the 4 corners...

thanks I was thinking red sealer but the J/B sounds better