Default Harvick vs Dillon

Kevin opened up and let his mouth go after Dillon got into him in the truck race. Richard told mrn that he had to much class to respond to kevin and he would tell kevin what he thought to his face. I have meet Richard more than once and too much class is not how I would describe him. just look at how they did Saddler they screwed him to help the Dillon boy the Richard petty wanta be. I'm not a Harvick fan at all but he only said what everyone knows he11 Burton asked to be let out of his contract before Harvick announced he was leaving all to open a seat for the over rated Austin Dillon who is not much better than his father was.

Should be interesting to see how Harvick does the rest of the season.

Kevin Harvick was right....but I still don't like Harvick much...

Can't wait for the next chapter in the Truck series.Not a fan of either ,but young Dillion needs a whoopin.

Gotta disagree. Ty did nothing wrong. Just racing. Austin and Ty are good young men. I have met both of them at Dirt late model races. Did not seem like spoiled brats in those meetings. They took the time to talk to me. I like the fact that they get in a dirt latemodels and have a race team. Yes they were handed a great racing equipment, both have done very well in nascar. Time will tell if they will do well in Cup racing. Harvick was wrong, to air that in public. He did admit he was wrong on Sunday, this is of course after Richard had talkin to him. Would have loved to be a fly on wall during that conversation.

Let the number 3 rest in peace. Harvick did. Make your own number legacy Dillon brothers....

I agree that Harvick probably would have been better served to not speak at all...maybe he needs to take a lesson from Kyle Busch.....

Harvick is better served when he asks Delanna ( sp?) permission to speak first.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by DirtRaisinButt View Post
    Let the number 3 rest in peace. Harvick did. Make your own number legacy Dillon brothers....
    I agree and take that stupid cowboy hat off and come up with your own brand instead of copying other. at least he hasn't won for a while so we don't have to see the face slide. nascar should have retired the 3 instead of charging Richard every year just shows no class in the France family.

Cowboy hats come from one of their sponcers, so I don't expect them to go anywhere...I could care less about the number, its a freakin number.....you guys bow down to the number 3 every morning for Pete's sake...

Why should #3 be retired? Other drivers have died and their # is not retired. Harvick never gave up the number 3. Richard did NOT want to use the number at that time. Why the hate for Dillion boys. last time I checked I have not seen a lot of drivers wearing cowboy hats?

I would first say that I don't care for either one of the dillon kids. Silver spoons in the mouth of both of them. Also, in regards to childress there is too much history with childress and earnhardt having NASCAR in their respective pockets. No one got more creative interpretation of the rules and protection than the 3 car back in the late 1980's through 'till when earnhardt bought the farm at Daytona. I'm thinkin' maybe that stuff might return in favor of one or both of the dillon's.

That said, harvick is basically an overrated loud mouth pseudo wanna' be. He somehow got this rep as a tough guy and he's never thrown down with anybody. He had his chance to show how tough he was at Watkins Glen when Montoya backed him down and Ricky Rudd at Richmond. The only time harvick is tough is when he has his crew nearby for protection.

Read where harvick apologized for what he said about the little rich grandbabies. Figures.

The Dillion boys both have plenty of talent. Anyone that calls themselves a knowledgable race fan would see this. They cannot help it because there is money in the family. Harvick is also a solid driver and he is who he is. I am not taking sides, just saying that stuff happens. But to say the Dillion boys have no talent is ignorant IMO

No one has suggested that either of the dillon's do not have at least a bit of driving talent. What is clearly evident is that they are where they're at because of who they're related to, and that makes them silver spooners. Most people aren't fond of kids being born on 3rd base and then talk and act as if they've hit a triple.

It appears that the crew chief for the #3 truck received a fine and a crew member has been suspended indefinitely for throwing an object at the #14 truck. Hmmm. Didn't baby stewy throw an object at a passing car on or near pit road last season? Isn't that a double standard? Yes it is, but anyone who has followed NASCAR for any length of time knows how these things work. It's kinda' like the difference between blocking at Talladega and blocking at California.

Harvick a solid driver? Maybe, but he's never won anything in the way of top division championships and is still a gas bag that's never done one thing to indicate he's this tough guy that he tries to portray himself as. At least not without his crew members/goons nearby.

Some people have suggested that the Dillion brothers are not that talented. IMO they are. I do not mind youngsters getting breaks in racing as long as they have the talent to back it up. As i said, you cannot blame someone for having connections. You almost need them to succeed in racing. Harvick is a top driver in the series without a doubt. He hasn't had Jimmie Johnson type cars every week. I am not a particular fan of any of these guys, but they all belong. Harvick deserves respect for what he has accomplished too.

No one in this thread has suggested the silver spoon kids have no talent. I looked and I can't find any mention of that being the case.

Top driver in the series. Hmmm. A top driver who has never won a championship in any one of the 3 national touring divisions of NASCAR. The Labonte brothers and Benny Parsons have comparable win totals but they've got the trophy and more class and dignity in their little fingers than harvick will ever display in his whole worldly existence.

The criteria of placing the title of "top driver" on that mediocre of a career up till now must be pretty broad and inclusive for some. Regardless, until he wins a championship or two the loudmouthed gas bag tough guy wannabe is relegated to second tier.

Teams win Nascar championships not drivers. Drivers play a role, but when you do not have winning cars, and real championship caliber team behind you, on a consistent bases aka the 48, it is really difficult to over come. I am not a particular fan of Harvick as I said, but he doesn't have to take a back seat to anyone as a driver. you give any good driver a winning car every week with a top team behind him and he is going to win championships. I look at what a driver does with what he is given to race with. Just look at the 48 this year. Has had a dominate car just about every week, but has only got to victory lane five times. Just look at Johnson when he tries to run a nationwide race. he disappears. In fact the last time he tried it, Larson raced him wheel to wheel for about 12th place and beat him. Just saying. Nascar is a complete team sport. Give any good driver, a great team with great cars and he will win, mediocre team he will not. Simple as that.

Not sure Jimmy Johnson has anything to do with how good harvick is, or isn't, except he won 5 straight championships while harvick was an also ran.

The team harvick is presently driving for is the same team and is owned by the same owner that won 4 championships and given 2 others. Not a bad pedigree. And the owner is wired in as tightly wired in with NASCAR as any owner ever has.

Please post championships when applicable. Runnin' your mouth and actin' tough doesn't make you a "top driver".