Freedom 100/DTWC 2001 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you want to find people/images, put " " apprentheses around the exact name the way you wish to search. Get some interesting things associated with "K.C. Spurlock" and "C.K. Spurlock"!

Quote Originally Posted by Racing4Fun View Post
    chupp n bloomer I can't say for certain but I don't remember K.C. being around before 2001 but I do know that he had a dad, C.K. Spurlock that was a country music promoter and was involved in building sprint cars. I was told he was Kenny Rogers manager at one time. I saw him at WVMS the night of the Freedom 100 and a couple of people told me who he was. I don't have a clue what it was about but I was told he left after getting mad with K.C.. I would say a good guess would be K.C. owed him money but that would only be a guess.

I did hear rumors that he tried to get back into drag racing after he left WVMS and that some of the other drag racers threatened to kill him. I guess he went around trying to steal their sponsors.

I also did a google search for Spurlock and found he apparently tried to get into building emergency vehicles or something. He is based in Nashville TN. and the company is called Spurlock Vehicles. It appears he had another location in Eastman GA. but everything there was auctioned off earlier this year. The website doesn't have a lot of info and seems to be a shell corporation. You just get a recording when you call the number listed which seems pretty strange for a business like they are trying to say they are although I found an article that says they sold a $750,000 to the state of WV. Maybe some of the computer guru's on here will check it out and report back.
    It would be interesting to see what they find.
    Thanks, that's exactly who I was talking about.(The Dad). Just got the initials screwed up. State of West By God doing business with a guy who has already done shady sh!t in West By God, hmmmm. I need to have no conscience and try doing some of this stuff.
    Race Count-3
    1.)Eldora UMP Nat's-April 12
    2.)Sharon Speedway-May 24-Regular Show/Mod Lites
    3.)Eldora-World 100-Bloomer A$$Whoopin

Litey got banned, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Thanks, that's exactly who I was talking about.(The Dad). Just got the initials screwed up. State of West By God doing business with a guy who has already done shady sh!t in West By God, hmmmm. I need to have no conscience and try doing some of this stuff.

Yeah it's a little hard to believe they would be doing business with a crook like Spurlock.

I am sure they aren't aware of the things he has done and after looking pretty closely I can't find a lot except about his drag racing. I have heard there are people that can get bad stuff taken off of the internet and manipulate what shows up on there. I am betting Spurlock is one of those people or knows somebody that is.

I had hoped E1Racing would show back up and give us some insight. His absence is making he think he must have been the same E1Racing that was such a Spurlock advocate back in 2001. I guess he shouldn't feel too bad. Spulock conned a lot of people and some of them were pretty savvy business people. Like I said, it's hard to believe that you can't find anything on the internet about it.

I did find a few things that I thought was interesting. Nothing bad really but just interesting like what is posted below. I had mentioned the doctor in Pittsburgh and Raye Vest but apparently Bob Salathe was an investor also. Anybody that knows Bob ought to ask him how that is working out for him.

The other thing that is totally mystifying to me is, it says INFORMATION CURRENT AS OF
    MARCH 26 2012

Claim My Company

WOOD COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, LLC
    Information current as of Mar 26, 2012.

Company Name: WOOD COUNTY LAND DEVELOPMENT COMPANY, LLC Status: Unknown Filing Date: 04/27/2001
    Entity Type: Domestic LLC | Limited-Liability Company File Number: Company Age: 12 Years, 7 Months

Registered Agent:
    Lookup Address on Google Maps

K. C. Spurlock
    1 Matheny Road
    Mineral Wells, WV 26150
    Filing State:
    Qualifying State:
    West Virginia (WV)
    N/A
    Principal Address:

1 Matheny Road
    Mineral Wells, WV 26150
    MANAGER
    K. C. Spurlock
    1 Matheny Road
    Mineral Wells, WV 26150
    ORGANIZER
    K. C. Spurlock
    1 Matheny Road
    Mineral Wells, WV 26150
    Mark Kowatic
    117 Fox Path
    Moon Township, PA 15108
    Pro Sports Agency, LLC
    19722 One Norman Blvd.
    Cornelius, NC 28031
    Raye Vest
    C/O Raye Vest Corp.
    Po Box 669
    White Plains, MD 20695
    Robert Salathe
    C/O Bedford Valley Petroleum
    10228 Lincoln Highway
    Everett, PA 15537

Kowatic is a racer too, maybe not him but a relation was in a crate #5. George.
    Race Count-3

I've never ever backed KC Spurlock, never met the guy in my life and could care less about his endeavors. I was an advocate of the Governers Cup/Freedom 100 and the STARS Series because of the excitement of the dual race weekend in WV (and it very much was legendary, the route 50 shuffle will be something the race fans will ever forget that took in the events). Had no idea who was backing the Freedom 100 or the drama behind it all. I think our problem was you saying they were taking it to Carl and no need for the race and boycott and stuff like that. I had no involvement in the races so didnt know any the backdoor dealings, I was just excited about the weekend. Looking back you probably had every right to preach your opinions etc. I'm just glad the two events happened, Birky got paid and the sport moved on.

Bob Salathe??? Didn't he used to race? UDTRA tour? Name sounds really familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    Yes he did. RG3 was his number. I dont think he ever ran UDTRA but was a regional racer around the Rock, Hagerstown, Bedford area. Ran with STARS I think somewhat. He also owned Beford Speedway for a while too if my memory serves me right.

I remember him from the Pennsboro days, and ran STARS I believe, or a lot of their races.

White car, orangeish #RG3. Was pretty decent, mostly Pa, Ohio, Md, and WVa.
    Race Count-3

About 10 down ull see a pic of ol Bob.

http://www.ppms.com/photo%20pages/ph...2020020921.htm

Quote Originally Posted by E1Racing View Post
    I've never ever backed KC Spurlock, never met the guy in my life and could care less about his endeavors. I was an advocate of the Governers Cup/Freedom 100 and the STARS Series because of the excitement of the dual race weekend in WV (and it very much was legendary, the route 50 shuffle will be something the race fans will ever forget that took in the events). Had no idea who was backing the Freedom 100 or the drama behind it all. I think our problem was you saying they were taking it to Carl and no need for the race and boycott and stuff like that. I had no involvement in the races so didnt know any the backdoor dealings, I was just excited about the weekend. Looking back you probably had every right to preach your opinions etc. I'm just glad the two events happened, Birky got paid and the sport moved on.

Boy E1Racing your memory really is bad. For starters, let's take a look at what you just said.

"I WAS AN ADVOCATE OF THE GOVERNORS CUP/FREEDOM 100 AND THE STARS SERIES"

That part I will definitely agree with. You were probably the most vocal advocate. Anybody that got on here in 2001 would have thought you were the PR department for WVMS and Spurlock. By the way, did you notice while you were saying you were an advocate of the Governors Cup/Freedom 100 and STARS SERIES you never said a word about being an advocate of the DTWC, Carl Short or Pennsboro. I can tell you that when you were making the post back in 2001 another thing you never mentioned being an advocate of was the Rt. 50 shuffle. Everything was about K.C. Spurlock and WVMS. In fact you bad mouthed Carl and the DTWC. You said that he was done and Spurlock was THE MAN.

Luckily I downloaded some of the stuff that was on here back then and saved it. I will have to see if I can dig it out and scan some of it on here and see if it jogs your memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Does anybody remember in 2001 when West Virginia Motor Speedway and Pennsboro Speedway both had $50,000 to win races within 35 minutes of each other? I attended the DTWC that year but didn't go to the Freedom 100 at WVMS. Any stories, pictures, or articles that you guys can share of that weekend? I remember them calling it the Rt. 50 Shuffle. Pennsboro raced during the day and WVMS in the evenings giving the drivers time to make both races. I tried to google the race, but couldn't find much about it, so any info is appreciated.
    This reminds me of 2004 when Red River valley speedway in fargo had a $40,000 to win woo show and 4 1/2 hrs southeast the same weekend cedar lake speedway had their $40,000 to win USA Nationals extreme dirt car series race

Yes he did. RG3 was his number. I dont think he ever ran UDTRA but was a regional racer around the Rock, Hagerstown, Bedford area. Ran with STARS I think somewhat. He also owned Beford Speedway for a while too if my memory serves me right.
    I remember him from the Pennsboro days, and ran STARS I believe, or a lot of their races.
    White car, orangeish #RG3. Was pretty decent, mostly Pa, Ohio, Md, and WVa.
    Thanks for info guys. Now that Ive thought about some more. I could've swore I seen him race out in my area back around 98, 99 era. I went to a lot races back then. The very first Masters, UDTRA races, some UMP summer nationals. One thing I always tried to notice were drivers that weren't big shots and not from the area. I know I got some pics from those races lying around somewhere I'll have to see if I can find them.

Boy E1Racing your memory really is bad. For starters, let's take a look at what you just said.

That part I will definitely agree with. You were probably the most vocal advocate. Anybody that got on here in 2001 would have thought you were the PR department for WVMS and Spurlock. By the way, did you notice while you were saying you were an advocate of the Governors Cup/Freedom 100 and STARS SERIES you never said a word about being an advocate of the DTWC, Carl Short or Pennsboro. I can tell you that when you were making the post back in 2001 another thing you never mentioned being an advocate of was the Rt. 50 shuffle. Everything was about K.C. Spurlock and WVMS. In fact you bad mouthed Carl and the DTWC. You said that he was done and Spurlock was THE MAN.

Luckily I downloaded some of the stuff that was on here back then and saved it. I will have to see if I can dig it out and scan some of it on here and see if it jogs your memory.

I'm not real sure why you're trying to pick at E1Racing, his join date is 2007. So it probably wasn't him that you're talking about. Lets try to talk racing without falsely blaming people here.

I'm not real sure why you're trying to pick at E1Racing, his join date is 2007. So it probably wasn't him that you're talking about. Lets try to talk racing without falsely blaming people here.
    By no means am I advocating bringing up stuff from ten years ago. Though, my join date is I think 07 or 08. Somewhere in there they changed ownership I believe and I had to get a new name or whatever. I could be wrong, but I think I been here longer than that, maybe not.
    Race Count-3

By no means am I advocating bringing up stuff from ten years ago. Though, my join date is I think 07 or 08. Somewhere in there they changed ownership I believe and I had to get a new name or whatever. I could be wrong, but I think I been here longer than that, maybe not.
    Either way, it was 12 years ago. Had we known then what we do now about Spurlock then i'm sure things would have been a little different.

Either way, it was 12 years ago. Had we known then what we do now about Spurlock then i'm sure things would have been a little different.
    I agree, there's plenty of people who have stuck it up peoples a$$ for a whole lot more.
    Race Count-3

Bob Salathe was the name I was trying to remember during a recent post of mine. He mostly ran the STARS circuit. Do remember him promoting Bedford, Pa. Also believe he was the driving force behind the first Big Kahuna at The Rock in Cumberland Md. Guess that bad investment in KC's scheme was an eye opener as he seemed to disappear from the racing scene.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Bob Salathe was the name I was trying to remember during a recent post of mine. He mostly ran the STARS circuit. Do remember him promoting Bedford, Pa. Also believe he was the driving force behind the first Big Kahuna at The Rock in Cumberland Md. Guess that bad investment in KC's scheme was an eye opener as he seemed to disappear from the racing scene.
    Big Kahuna was him. Hopefully he still has his business, I thing he was a businessman. The bad investment thing I think happened, and he still was around racing after, could be wrong though. That'd be 2000-2001, think he was still around after all that. Sure someone can fill us in.
    Race Count-3

Luckily ? Really ? Proud of saving a convo 12 years ago? Who gives a flying F about it . Again I have never met KC Spurluck nor do I care to. If you want a pat on the back then I'll give it, you were right and he is a crook.