Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for a car that turns ....

I'm looking for a car that turns in and rotates really well and will still drive off on big slick momentum tracks. The car must be able to run 1600's or open tires and still work and also needs to rotate in hammer down mud conditions. I'm interested in hearing people's opinions on this... I want a car that turns without having to break it free .. Something that is meant to be driven STRAIGHT and will rotate

You're asking for the perfect racecar that everyone builder is trying to make.....GenX are hot right now the Rocket Blue/Grey turns in well, and the New Blue with the Orange Rear is good. The New BWRC and Warriors are running well kind of an odd question it might be a sorter list to say which ones will never do these things most all the new ones will work well.

The gen x car does none of this. It it's balls tight on entry no matter what, tight entry kills momentum. I have tried everything to make this car turn in an rotate except 1400lb 1" rebound numbers on the right front. When the extent of my tech support is a set up sheet from 2010 when the car was built sept of 2011 and the I only help i was really offered is that I need a " magic " genesis shock for the right front it's time to go a different direction.

Sounds like you are describing the Jig A Lo car we ran in the early 80's. Best driving car I ever sat down in. But its been a while. Maybe my memory has faded somewhat. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    The gen x car does none of this. It it's balls tight on entry no matter what, tight entry kills momentum. I have tried everything to make this car turn in an rotate except 1400lb 1" rebound numbers on the right front. When the extent of my tech support is a set up sheet from 2010 when the car was built sept of 2011 and the I only help i was really offered is that I need a " magic " genesis shock for the right front it's time to go a different direction.
    The GenX car is perfectly fine and is winning races all over the country. If you can't get one freed-up I suggest you start doing some homework. I'd offer some friendly advice but based on your past criticism of constructive commentary on this board, I'll save it for somebody that might appreciate it.

Excuse me when I referred to GenX I mean Gen-H Everyone down here is switching to MBH stuff. Combo car. But Genx still run really really well. Its like anything else if one guy dominates everyone has one

If your balls tight a lot of guys on the MBH and Rocket Blues are on 450 to 475 LF even in the slick to get them to turn in the slick it keeps the front end working. I'd like to have a Gen X if you want to part with it lol

I'm already on a 475 lf, different areas of the country have different types of dirt, I liked the smack down car much better than the gen x but the 2008 smack down didnt have the raised rail and cross member so bottoming out was an issue. I'm not saying that gen x cars aren't a good piece , it just does not work for me where I am racing.

I know where you run at john and I think I can help if you let me put a setup under your car to try.

I'd like to know what you have been working with. Those cars are pretty adjustable. i know where he runs also and I don't understand his difficulty. Take mab475's offer he knows what to do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I'm already on a 475 lf, different areas of the country have different types of dirt, I liked the smack down car much better than the gen x but the 2008 smack down didnt have the raised rail and cross member so bottoming out was an issue. I'm not saying that gen x cars aren't a good piece , it just does not work for me where I am racing.
    Get another Smackdown! Problem solved!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

anyone try a underslung bar under the RR???

BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

I am going to take mab475 up on his offer but I have 2 of these cars one brand new and one 24 races old , I'm selling the 24 race old car and replacing it with another brand , I'm looking for suggestions on what cars are known to turn very well. Watching bobby pierce race I can't help but notice how well his car turns on the extreme inside , does anyone have any experience with one of those ?

I've got a Larry Shaw with a Rayburn front end that has always turned in extremely well. Many times it will turn itself into the corner. If there's one thing it does best, that would be it. There has been many times where I can hook the bottom and stay there all the way thru the corner. Most nights its right at home on the bottom of the race track.

They had a deal where you could buy a brand new roller for $10,000 if you assemble it yourself.

Capital race cars . Marshall Green

tnt,if you know what to do to them to free them up(they are a really tight car for the most part),i myself like a tight car that i can free up,then if i need some traction i know i can tighten it back up
    Last edited by grt74; 11-12-2013 at 09:41 PM.

You can make any car turn and you can make any car not want to turn. The baseline setup is not for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    You can make any car turn and you can make any car not want to turn. The baseline setup is not for everybody.
    i agree 100%

Using the logic that all cars are the same and essentially any car can be adjusted to win the WOO and Lucas title why do some drivers run great in some cars and run terrible in others ?? If any car can be adjusted to win for anyone why does rocket make several different designs ? It's physically impossible for all cars to be ideal for all track shapes , conditions and driving styles.