Default dominator fenders

What's everyone's opinion? Thinking of using next year

Look through prior post, I have been a huge dominator nose guy, but somebody had posted that the fenders were brittle and fell apart quick.

Ours made it through the whole season but I did have to fix the right side after a mild crash. They do seem a little brittle but they did hold together pretty good for as much as the car got beat up this year.

A friend of mine ran them this year and said he wouldn't spend the money on them again. He had two pretty light hits and they cracked both times.

We tried Dominator front fenders on one of the cars I work with and in a word, JUNK. After having great results with the Dominator nose we put on a pair of front plastic fenders. First of all the material is completely diferent than the nose plastic. Within weeks without being hit we had cracks. Then after minor racing impacts they literaly broke where we had them mounted. The good news is we had old aluminum fenders in the junk pile and finished the year out. My advice is to take the money the plastic fenders cost and buy more aluminum. Dominator owes anyone who bought them refunds.

Default Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    We tried Dominator front fenders on one of the cars I work with and in a word, JUNK. After having great results with the Dominator nose we put on a pair of front plastic fenders. First of all the material is completely diferent than the nose plastic. Within weeks without being hit we had cracks. Then after minor racing impacts they literaly broke where we had them mounted. The good news is we had old aluminum fenders in the junk pile and finished the year out. My advice is to take the money the plastic fenders cost and buy more aluminum. Dominator owes anyone who bought them refunds.
    Ok guys --- we talked a few weeks ago & hpmaster told me that he broke the fenders in many on "track-mid pack hard racing"so how many times should they take a ass whipping & not brake - As any racer that knows me & my shop i will stand in front & behind any of our parts. All you need to do is call & talk with me -- & Mr HP i ask you why Zack Olger's fenders can last 45 plus shows without repairs & you said he is out front or passing my ass! I tell each & every racer that orders the fenders you can't hit the water truck without them breaking.Thanks Bentley

We finished second to Zack in points. Look we like the Dominator nose BUT you can do better on the fenders. Anyone who races knows a consistant top 5 car is in a fight, plain and simple. Our A main finishes against Zack were 3rd ,21st, 4th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 10th and 5th. So not quite a back marker. As for the water truck we missed him last year but we will get him next year. You can make those fenders better, period.
    Last edited by hpmaster; 11-07-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Have you guy ever thought about making quarter panels? I've seen these before on the net that a company made but can't seem to find them again.

They are pretty brittle in my opinion. If you don't put support braces on them the weight from the mud will cause them to bow in the middle and brake on the ends. The nose pieces look a lot stronger than the fenders.
    Joe's Race Parts
    From Mild to Wild...
    and Everything in Between
    http://www.191speedway.com
    http://www.joesraceparts.com

You missed the water truck too and they still broke?

A guy at our track runs them, who happens to be who we buy parts from, and he ran them the first night and when they got muddy he felt like they were sagging and would break/crack so he ended up takinga couple pieces per side of aluminum strapping and ran it length wise and rivited it to that and then they seemed alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by m.lion View Post
    What's everyone's opinion? Thinking of using next year
    put 40 races on our car and used up 3 bumpers and still have our nose and fenders on the car.little crack on right fender but that is after about 35 nights.