Default Balancer question

IMCA late model engine, no balancer, only the 3 ears that the pulley bolts to, no ring.
    Has anyone done this? I know sprint car guys used to, but never seen it on late model
    engine. Curious if engine would start cracking internals from the vibration.

Curt Drake
    #55x

Dont run it without it. I had a motor that had that done before I purchased it. Broke snout off of the crank later on. I know that was the reason. They had timing chain issues before that too. Put one on it.

Do not run without one unless you want to work on the engine after every night.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

When I have an engine come in for a freshen up without one, It doesn't leave without one. Crack check everything. It can cause problems everywhere even valve train issues and there's nothing to be gained with a hub. HP can actually increase with a balancer.

Default balancer

had ring come off latemodel , lost torque, would not pull up straights.

A engine builder in the area builds all of his motors with the crank hub. they have trouble keeping the carb bolts tight and the bell housing bolts. it's a bad idea I told him if it were possible to run a race engine with out a vibration dampener the cup guys would be doing it(they use a bigger balancer) most of the cup motors are balanced to the highest level and run short strokes, sprint cars use the water as a vibration dampener. the water pump is run off the crank snout.