Default front springs-heavier on the right or left (chevelle stub on a Harris)

Been having this argument for months, one guy says you need soft right front to get the car over on the right front.700 on left-600 right
    I say the car is already tight going in. You need to have the right front heavier than the left front?Also helps load the left rear when getting back on the gas.
    Another guy tells me mods wont work with the right front softer than the left front?
    opinions?

We tried that this year with a 450# RF on our 13 Harris and that thing pushed to the wall. So we swapped our fronts and went 500 RF 450 LF. We have always ran RF heavier and someone talked us into trying it one time.

Whatever makes the car work.

Give the car what IT wants/needs. In the past 2 years, I've seen Mods with anything from a 400 to 700 RF springs on IMCA G-60s.

There is a reason USMTS made a minimum spring rate rule a few years ago. They were softer than 400!
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

We struggle with this as well. Car needs to be a little more free on entry on & off throttle. Some advice tells us to go up in spring rate with RF & some says go down in spring rate.

THROWIN IT IN: What kind of banking are you running on & did your car like the softer left front better?

It will vary depending on IF you on of off throttle and also the attitude of the car. RF effects all aspect of the corner LF only entry. Soften LF will loosen entry RF can be trickier because it does have a good effect on the cars attitude as well. I also go for the change with the LEAST compromise if you tight on entry go 50-100 lbs down on LF. a 700 on the LF seems to me to be pretty tough to turn on a heavy track If you really wanna see the effects of the LF on entry go to a 550 or or 600 and it will definitely free your entry to the middle

MISSILE: We run on a high bank 3/8 that is heavy all of the time. Stop and go type of track. We were always great getting in and struggled with tight in the middle quite a bit of the season. We actually got to the point where we had to go back up on the LF because the driver thought he was going to loop it getting in.

If your car is like that why not drop your left side bar a hole to free it up. Then you wouldn't have to have such a soft left front and could keep the car a little freer when you first get on the gas. We are going hoping to go IMCA 4/4 next year so trying to understand what changes are doing for others on different tracks.

We tried moving bars left and right. In the end, starting the feature with 5 gal more of fuel and adding 25 lbs on the tail got the car where it was pretty good on a weekly basis. The driver can be stubborn sometimes. In 2012 we won 3 weeks in a row at Boone and didnt change a thing. Than SuperNationals came around and we didnt even make the show.

We are at 600 across the front. Just looking for a few easy changes for the heats. Played with bars a couple times and it hurt us in other areas.

Take you LF down 50 lbs or so. 550 LF 600 RF is pretty common. About 3-4 years ago we were running that combo quite a bit. I would have to look at our setup sheets but something tells me we still run that every now and again.

Bars can really be a hard adjustment to walk someone through a lot depends on shocks if the car hikes down because that can hold roll steer in the car on entry with left side adjustments right side is easier because its always in a state of compression on entry. Definitely first and foremost look at an adjustment with the LEAST compromise if your problem is entry the LF spring has the least compromise.