Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    Dam those EVIL INSURANCE COMPANIES! So let blame the insurance companies? Right Kidrock? What do you do,read the democrats and liberal talking points. I think your a little to early to blame them, the democrats were waiting a little longer then you did. Untill ACA was started on Jan 1st. Simply amazing. IF the insurance company's were doing this the last couple of years the media and democrats would have been all over it. It does matter, because our president stated "If you like your Health insurance, you can keep it. PERIOD! If you like your Dr, you can keep Dr, PERIOD!

You had chest pain and the dr orders the test, and labs, If Dr thought you had a MI ( Heart attack in simple terms.) He would have sent you to a nearest ER and Hospital. The insurance company would have never be notified that quick. Insurance companies can NOT deny access for possible cardiac event. That simply is a lie. You better change your Dr if you had chest pain, and complete work up for possible heart attack was not done.
    I read his post and didn't get the same message from it as you did. He wasn't blaming insurance companies, he was stating a fact of insurance coverage--if your company doesn't cover it, you can't have it. If the company you work for decides to cancel the existing policy, because policies change, the work force changes, etc... (case in point, at my wife's employer they had 2 people suffer with very bad cancers over a couple years, each time the existing insurer cancelled at the end of the year and the company had to go find new insurance with higher premiums for all. Isn't that great? Won't happen now though....) then you get to pay higher premiums, go find a new doctor in some cases, and live with the fact that some stuff you used to have covered is now out of pocket or you don't get it at all.

Funny you should say he is jumping the gun and "blaming the insurance company already." If you look around, the right wingers are already screaming all sorts of nonsense and blaming it all on the ACA. To hear Rush Limbaugh tell it, no insurance company ever cancelled a policy until the ACA. No company ever laid anyone off or downsized it's workforce until the ACA. No insurer ever changed the limits of the insurance, for better or worse, until the ACA.

It never ceases to amaze me how a good right winger can always spin what anyone else says into something else entirely from what was intended. It's like that right wing hate machine just brainwashes people into not being able to comprehend what normal people do when they read stuff. No, the right wing brain has this habit of finding alternative interpretations that are predominantly negative and hateful in anything they see or hear.

It's like that's all they listen to all day long, the anger and hatred of Rush Limbaugh and Fox, so when someone not from that ilk speaks, they hear it as angry and hateful. Even when it's not, they interpret it that way.

Must be the conditioning they receive by only listening the the right wing all the time. Hate, hate and more hate. It's all bad, it's ruining the nation, the agenda is to make everyone a slave, blah blah blah. What a way to spend your day, listening to nothing but malice and hate. Geesh, change the channel, it would do wonders for your mindset.

yeah ask someone retired how much THEY LOVE ACA

t.nie hate to say it but I listen to Rush, shame on me. I dont have to listen to fox news or rush Limbaugh to know my values, beliefs, and thoughts on how goverment should be run. I'm concervative and have been since my teenage days. My family before me has been a true democrat family. Now with my arguments and debates, they have been more conservative and dont vote strict democratic. And the RUSH I'm talking about is Canadian Rush.

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    yeah ask someone retired how much THEY LOVE ACA
    Doesn't bother me at all. I'm exempt. Although they did raise my co-pay for VA meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Doesn't bother me at all. I'm exempt. Although they did raise my co-pay for VA meds.
    well then ask your friends

Quote Originally Posted by dirtisforracin View Post
    Kidrock due you want a single payor system? Millions? Just how may millions? There are now more millions without insurance come Jan 1st then had it in October 2013. I want to see where all the outrage of the americans of whom which were being denied medical care and test because Insurance companies told them they could not be completed are. Where are they and where have they been for the last 10-15 yrs. Yes there are problems with Health insurance, but before this STUPID Obamacare, 60% of the people were statisfied with there health insurance. Guess me and the rest of those 60% of people were just to stupid to know any better. We have crappy plans.
    I really don't know much about single payer so, I will have to do some research and get back to you but, I did talk to a guy about it today and he said the single payer option would have been the better option but, the insurance companies lobby against because it takes them out of the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    I read his post and didn't get the same message from it as you did. He wasn't blaming insurance companies, he was stating a fact of insurance coverage--if your company doesn't cover it, you can't have it. If the company you work for decides to cancel the existing policy, because policies change, the work force changes, etc... (case in point, at my wife's employer they had 2 people suffer with very bad cancers over a couple years, each time the existing insurer cancelled at the end of the year and the company had to go find new insurance with higher premiums for all. Isn't that great? Won't happen now though....) then you get to pay higher premiums, go find a new doctor in some cases, and live with the fact that some stuff you used to have covered is now out of pocket or you don't get it at all.

Funny you should say he is jumping the gun and "blaming the insurance company already." If you look around, the right wingers are already screaming all sorts of nonsense and blaming it all on the ACA. To hear Rush Limbaugh tell it, no insurance company ever cancelled a policy until the ACA. No company ever laid anyone off or downsized it's workforce until the ACA. No insurer ever changed the limits of the insurance, for better or worse, until the ACA.

It never ceases to amaze me how a good right winger can always spin what anyone else says into something else entirely from what was intended. It's like that right wing hate machine just brainwashes people into not being able to comprehend what normal people do when they read stuff. No, the right wing brain has this habit of finding alternative interpretations that are predominantly negative and hateful in anything they see or hear.

It's like that's all they listen to all day long, the anger and hatred of Rush Limbaugh and Fox, so when someone not from that ilk speaks, they hear it as angry and hateful. Even when it's not, they interpret it that way.

Must be the conditioning they receive by only listening the the right wing all the time. Hate, hate and more hate. It's all bad, it's ruining the nation, the agenda is to make everyone a slave, blah blah blah. What a way to spend your day, listening to nothing but malice and hate. Geesh, change the channel, it would do wonders for your mindset.
    Exactly, I was only pointing out the some of the things they are complaining about are already happening and it was before the ACA was even a bill.

H.R. 3695 To Provide a Temporary Extension of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 Sponsor: Rep. Lucas, Frank (Committee on Agriculture) H.J.Res. 59 - Amendment 2 Amendment #2 to H.J.Res.59, Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014 Sponsor: Rep. Rogers, Hal (Committee on Appropriations) H.J.Res. 59 - Amendment 1 Amendment #1 to H.J.Res.59, Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014 Sponsor: Rep. Rogers, Hal (Committee on Appropriations) 3 Suspensions H.Res. ____ National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2014 Sponsor: Rep. McKeon, Buck (Committee on Armed Services) H.R. 1447 Death in Custody Reporting Act of 2013 Sponsor: Rep. Scott, Robert C. "Bobby" (Committee on Judiciary) H.R. 3509 Assessing Progress in Haiti Act of 2013 Sponsor: Rep. Lee, Barbara (Committee on Foreign Affairs) 5 Votes Question Bill Result Time 641 On Motion To Suspend the Rules and Agree H Res 441 Providing For Concurrence By the House In the Senate Amendments To H.r. 3304, With An Amendment Passed 6:36 PM 640 On Motion To Recede and Concur In the Senate Amendment With Amendment H J Res 59 Making Continuing Appropriations For Fiscal Year 2014, and For Other Purposes Passed 6:25 PM 639 On Approving the Journal Journal Passed 2:50 PM 638 On Agreeing To the Resolution H Res 438 Providing For Consideration Of the Senate Amendment To H.j.res. 59, Making Continuing Appropriations For Fiscal Year 2014, and For Other Purposes; Providing For Consideration Of Motions To Suspend the Rules; Providing For Proceedings During the Period From December 14, 2013, Through January 6, 2014 Passed 2:42 PM 637 On Ordering the Previous Question H Res 438 Providing For Consideration Of the Senate Amendment To H.j.res. 59, Making Continuing Appropriations For Fiscal Year 2014, and For Other Purposes; Providing For Consideration Of Motions To Suspend the Rules; Providing For Proceedings During the Period From December 14, 2013, Through January 6, 2014 Passed 2:24 PM Legislation Today's Digest Previous Digests Vote Results News Press Releases Policy News Republicans in Congress Your Representative Member News Leadership Committees GOP.gov GOP Job Bank GOP Resume Bank Email Updates About the Conference RSS & API Are We in Session?