Thread: Solid Cam Ideas

Default Solid Cam Ideas

Rule states.....Solid Cam with maximum .470" valve lift. Cast head with no port work allowed and head is 55cc with 10:1 compression engine. I run ford 2300 on a fast low banked 3/8 mile asphalt track turning max around 7500 rpm. Looking for competitive cam or at least maybe some good specs I should be looking for on a cam to fit my needs. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by 20MS View Post
    Rule states.....Solid Cam with maximum .470" valve lift. Cast head with no port work allowed and head is 55cc with 10:1 compression engine. I run ford 2300 on a fast low banked 3/8 mile asphalt track turning max around 7500 rpm. Looking for competitive cam or at least maybe some good specs I should be looking for on a cam to fit my needs. Thanks in advance!
    You'd be doing good to go with the Esslinger 2270 cam. It's 258@ .050" and comes in at .468" lift on a 107LSA. Over the years, that cam has won more races in Mini-Stock than any other cam...

On a side note, is there a reason you're only using a 55cc chamber? Are you not allowed to get the head down to 39-42cc? The compression increase, as well as installing the cam around 4-6deg. advanced would really perk that thing up on re-starts...

Yeah unfortunately the rules force us to run the 55cc chamber and compression can not exceed 10:1. These are 2 areas they actually check on a regular basis in tech. Thank you for the cam information, I will definitely be looking into it

How are they checking it? Height of head? IF SO, have someone weld up the chambers.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

No when they do it they actually take the time to use liquid to check the exact volume

They will actually make us pull the head to check chambers

do you have to run a solid cam? with that lift and rpm a hyd. head would work and be cheaper to build and less maintenance.

olin