Default Helmet breather???

My new car has a breather setup but I have a standard helmet. Can I convert the helmet I have or am I forced to spend another $500?

I went the other way. When I first bought a helmet, I bought one with the fresh air hookup but I didn't have the rest of the system, thinking I would eventually buy the rest of the setup. 10 years later, I have never bought the fresh air system and don't miss it. My advice would be wear the helmet you got and forget about the breather (or sell it).

I doubt that you could convert the helmet you have to use the system.

Unless you have a fogging issue or are getting dust in the helmet i wouldnt worry about it. Keep the pump and when you buy a helmet get the one w/freshair hookup

yeah i have a REAL bad fogging issue!!!!!!! cant see a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing.

i have a standard helmet and used pvc been doing if for 10 years as the standard helmet air hook up hits my seat

U have any pics thats what I'm thinking about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsf74 View Post
    yeah i have a REAL bad fogging issue!!!!!!! cant see a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing.
    Then, I'd just drill a couple of 1/8" holes in each side of the face shield below your tearoffs (my shield has this). Still keeps the shiznit out, and lets air come in. Crack the shield up a little during cautions.

I bought my helmet with the side air before i had a pump... now that i have them both I love it! especially during the summer when the tracks are dry and dusty... The issue I am having now is my full containment seat doesn't work to well with the side air so my new helmet has the top air.

The big advantage for me is using the helmet blower in conjunction with a helmet skirt to keep all of the dirt out. Keeps all of the dirt and dust out of your eyes and lungs.

If you have a helmet skirt you can tuck the blower under it. Seen someone do it in a borrowed car. Says it worked fine.

Just remember that the more fresh air (low CO) that you can get into your helmet the more alert you'll be during the event. If you start getting into Sleepy Time then it's time to pull off.

Jeff I didn't know Beaver Dam to be dusty lol

conversion adapter, may work for other helmets besides Bell...? http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Bell-B...ion,47832.html

thanks i think i could make that work.