Thread: set up question

Default set up question

I am working on scaling my car what is the best way to get me cross weight down im at 52.1 now and need to get down to 49.9 I am close to where I need to be on my Bite is there a way to change the cross with out messing up the Bite to much

thanks for any help

Quote Originally Posted by Creppers View Post
    I am working on scaling my car what is the best way to get me cross weight down im at 52.1 now and need to get down to 49.9 I am close to where I need to be on my Bite is there a way to change the cross with out messing up the Bite to much

thanks for any help
    Why don't you post up your corner weights, that might help get better feedback:

LF
    RF
    LR
    RR

And the vehicle it's in...

Left side 52.8 % springs RF 650 LF 550 LR 175 RR 150
    Rear 46.7
    Cross 51.8
    Right 47.2

RF 640
    LF 662
    LR 625
    RR 513
    Last edited by Creppers; 11-24-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Cross and bite are really one in the same if thats the Left side and Rear Weight you want to run and you have 25lbs of bite and thats what you want to run then your done on the scales

I was told to get around 100lbs of Bite and 49.9 cross is that possible I do think cross and bite is not the same cross is the RF and LR and bite is the different in the rear weights is this right
    Last edited by Creppers; 11-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.

I've seen on scales, lf-700, rf-600, lr 600, rr-500. That would be 50% cross, 100 pounds bite. So it can be done but all cars are different so what works for one might not work for you. Find a good baseline by checking tire temps.

yea thats what Im going to have to do, going to a track I have never run so Im shooting in the dark 3/8 mile dirt Hope its where keep it from spinning out lol

Ok I'm not going to take the time to respond if your just going to say thats not true so go ahead and put it on the scales and find out for yourself. Your not going to get your numbers and keep your left side and rear weights as well. Bite is LR from RR and Cross is LR and RF from your total so how do you plan on decreasing cross and not adding or taking away from your LR when depending on what end you raise your lowers your effecting all your other corner weights.? The way a dirt car works on Decel and Accel we read our Cross as a bite number because the car is rear end dominant and turns of the LR on Decel and drives off the LR in Accel so we car about what the LR weight is. For a low Horsepower Mini stock you can't bogg it so what you do it you adjust your LR weight to keep the car driving correct on exit and not bog your motor down if your too loose add bite if your too tight take it out 0-75 works on most any mini stock and that can range from 46 to 52% cross in MOST cases. This is an abbreviated explanation but find out on the scales for yourself

ouch thanks for the info 7up I'm learning with working with scales Thats why I post on here to get pointed in the right diraction

Thanks again 7up

Your springs are really close to the one I was helping setup all year and he won a ton of races I setup Late Models and Modifieds as well. Your rear and left is really close your bite is really high though especially for what you have your at 112# So your more then likely going to bog on exit or just be extremely throttle right given your RR is a 150 spring that will also make you tight but Instead of changing the spring you can take cross out (Take Bite out) you can do the following Raise the LF ride Height by putting turns into the spring (Squish it more) Drop the RF ride height by taking turns out (Unsquish it) Raise the RR ride height by putting turns in(Squish it) Or lower the LR ride Height. I would get it to around 50# and a common practice it to do a 1 TURN adjustment in each spring and see where the numbers go because you won't change your heights much at all but the numbers will. The reason we don't use cross in dirt compared to asphalt is because asphalt is front end dominant you rarely reference cross except to tell people it is bite on dirt more or less. If you need help message me sorry to be harsh I've been doing this a long long time if you want to learn be open minded the guys on here won't lead you astray