Default 604 crate vs open motor for imca pros & cons?...

I recently just got a new shaw and where I'm gonna be racing at everyone is switching from open motors to the 604 crate engines. Any suggestions on if I should go with a crate motor or open?..

If you are just starting out and/or don't know anything about engines then I would go Crate.

If you arent racing little bullrings then the crate is the way to go

If you wanna be a sheep and do what everyone else is doing....then buy a crate.

I would wait to see what the 2014 rules are before making that decision. Not sure when the Modified rules will be posted but all the others are up already so maybe soon. Seems as if IMCA may have recognized a problem with the rules package after the Duel.

I heard the IMCA is gonna make an announcement of the 2014 IMCA Modified rules changes at the PRI show.
    Crewchief #21 Modified Hansen Motorsports 2014 GRT by Phillips IMCA Modified

Too bad they're not out already. It's going to jam things up for people on the fence. Now is the time to be getting lined out for 2014. It's understandable though, they have a tough job.

First week in December I think rules will be out.

Hopefully no later and sooner would be good. It doesn't matter if it's for open or crate, nobody is going to stock or make parts they might not sell and you can only dyno them one at a time.

I would rather most run open motors.

We saw crates win at both big tracks and small tracks, in the dry and the wet. I think really '15 is going to be the big year. I think '14 will be a trying year for the crates, IMCA wants the Mod's to end up where the Sportmods are, both combinations winning.