Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up leafspring car handling

Car is a little tight on entry on 1/4 mile high banked but mostly dry, car is free on entry on the 3/8 tight turns no banking but always tacky, and do run same setup at both tracks so any ideas.. my car is a stacked leafspring mod. weight with driver is 2550 and spring are 700lf 750rf 200lr 175rr shocks are 75lf 753rf 935lr 94rr so im just trying to free car up on entry on the banked track becouse it makes the car loose after that..thanks for any info

lol swap the front springs

Thumbs up

ok well is that a good idea to swap the front springs on a leaf car and what does any body think about my shock im using are the good for slick also?? Thanks

I wouldnt swap the front springs then you wont have any forward drive with a leaf car. What are you running for rear% crossweight rear bite and left side also stagger?

Thumbs up

Thanks and the cross 50.6% rear 56.2% L/S 52.5% and lr bite is 80# Stagger i have 1 1/2 on rear and 3/4 on front... Caster i have lf 2 & rf 5 and camber i have lf 2 & rf 3 1/2.... thats all without driver...Thanks again

I also run on a 1/4 track I had to lower my bite to around 35 to get the car to rotate well and I went back up to 60 on dry seemed to work well you also may want to use an adjustable lowering block and slide rr back. What stub is under your car? Mine is metric here are the rates I run 750 lf 850 rf 185 lr 165 rr hope this will be some help to you.

U install new leafs?

Quote Originally Posted by dereksehi View Post
    I wouldnt swap the front springs then you wont have any forward drive with a leaf car. What are you running for rear% crossweight rear bite and left side also stagger?
    free the car up and he will be faster on entry and exit

Thumbs up

Yes new leafs still the same...Thanks

I ran stiffer rr leaf than lr when I ran a leaf stock car on imca tires. I also ran a softer rf spring than left.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I ran stiffer rr leaf than lr when I ran a leaf stock car on imca tires. I also ran a softer rf spring than left.
    How come the car wasn't too tight going in?

If you run a softer rf than lf without a liftarm or mechanical way to jack weight back onto lr the car isn't gonna be able to get weight back onto the lr without the stiffer rf plus running a stiffer rf will keep weight on the lr longer which will loosen the chassis on entry.

If you run a softer rf than lf without a liftarm or mechanical way to jack weight back onto lr the car isn't gonna be able to get weight back onto the lr without the stiffer rf plus running a stiffer rf will keep weight on the lr longer which will loosen the chassis on entry.
    If you say so.. Ive never had a problem with lr drive from a soft rf.

Lots of spring angle on chassis side, float rr, and a flat shackle that will pull forward. Longer shackle less angle long sweeping track and shorten up mounting and drop the mount lower on back of chassis so it reacts faster but maintains cross.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Put a 93 on the LR.
    Gator Engineering

Thumbs up

and what will the 93 do on lr compared to th 935 i have on lr?? and does the other shocks look alrgt???Thanks again for the help...

The 3 being compression and 5 extension, going to a 3 extension the car will roll to the right faster and roll to the front faster. this will loosen the entry and the middle.

The rear springs are too stiff. Put 150 across the rear, go to 40 bite to start.

As derek said, a little rear steer will help some.
    Gator Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBauerSS6 View Post
    The 3 being compression and 5 extension, going to a 3 extension the car will roll to the right faster and roll to the front faster. this will loosen the entry and the middle.

The rear springs are too stiff. Put 150 across the rear, go to 40 bite to start.

If he is tight already wouldn't more right front weight make the car tighter ???

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBauerSS6 View Post

How did your nova work out this year?

Raced 6 times, won 2. Started mid year and only one IMCA Stock Car track in California limits my racing. Car has more potential, and the driver needs more seat time.
    Gator Engineering