Thread: 3 wheelin?

Default 3 wheelin?

ok guys heres what i got. 3200 monte. 1100rf 850lf 200lr 175rr tie down shock on rf. bite shock lr. 62inch rear housing with 3 offsets. 2inch off sets on front. 54left 53rear 180lbs bite. expected car to have lots of side bite raise up possibly carry lf. it stayed flat and just bounced around. oh yeah all weight and fuel cell mounted high. what part of three wheelin setup am i missing?

The part that the idea is not to 3 wheel. Why the huge split on the front should really be 1000 on Lf.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Not going to go into detail for setups, but as DANNY said, smaller split up front, and do not try to three wheel on purpose, I repeat, DO NOT try to three wheel on purpose. IT IS NOT FASTER. And only having one tire on the ground to control a 3200 pound mass on wheels isn't really the smartest idea. Whatever you do, unless you are going in for a photo shoot with your car, keep four on the floor.

As for everything mounted high, especially the fuel cell, all that will do is make your car loose since you are giving it a high center of gravity in the rear.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

In top notch IMCA chassis such as a Dominator, the fuel cell is mounted as high as it'll fit under the trunk! Higher the weight and mounted over the rearend as much as possible.. the better the weight transfer and percentages. ..And I 3 wheeled a time or two right past the competition!

Default Pic

Enjoy the view!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Pic

Another!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

yeah its alot of split in front. car was that way when got it. i understand 4tires better than3 but all the fast montes i see are either totally carrying lf or barely on ground. their drivin car on bottom by competition. Well to put question another way what causes these cars to do this? something simple springs, rr tucked way under, weight or do you have to redesign geometry?

oh yeah. pretty cool pics

Quote Originally Posted by racer-15 View Post
    yeah its alot of split in front. car was that way when got it. i understand 4tires better than3 but all the fast montes i see are either totally carrying lf or barely on ground. their drivin car on bottom by competition. Well to put question another way what causes these cars to do this? something simple springs, rr tucked way under, weight or do you have to redesign geometry?
    A lot of it is in the weight percentages, some in the rear springs. On a heavy track, which is where you will see the most cars carrying the LF, any setup will work, just as long as you can get the car to turn. On a slick track, it takes a great setup and great driving to win. Four wheels is always what you want on a slick track. You need that control through the corners. Around here, you will usually never see a car on three wheels win races consistently, as Todd said, you can win, but that is because he has been racing for a heck of a long time and is experienced with whatever condition his car puts him in.

Lower that split up front, and you will feel a huge difference in your cornering, especially entry, and better entry means you will be better all the way throughout the turn, it even has an effect on your corner exit.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Put a 1000lb spring in the RF should get you closer to a good handling car!

I agree Jeff. And I wonder where Dominator got the fuel cell idea from?

Spring behind rr will help do this. Lighter rate rr as well. More lr lower arm angle 15*+. Ballast weight is used to transfer weight to right side of car but needs to be tied down for side bite. Spring in front lr. Like I like to say make the lr arm trench the track
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Jeff, I'm not using them for profit or advertisement. Just illustration and free advertisement for him. When it comes to certain advice or wisdom, you must identify IMCA, UMP, Track size, Track Banking and tire used (EMod or G60)...makes a huge difference! That RF spring of 750 will not work at many other tracks or divisions...car will look like a PLOW sideways!!... Hell, WTF does it matter....do what you want with whoevers advice as thier like azzholes as we all have one! If it doesn't work, try the next option! Hopefully you didn't tear the car up in the process!!!! Back to scratch you GO!

I don't know if you guys know this but there is more than one fast set up out there.

Thanks for the info so far guys. Hey stock car driver sent u a message a while back would appreciate it if you checked it out. Thanks

ok guys heres what i got. 3200 monte. 1100rf 850lf 200lr 175rr tie down shock on rf. bite shock lr. 62inch rear housing with 3 offsets. 2inch off sets on front. 54left 53rear 180lbs bite. expected car to have lots of side bite raise up possibly carry lf. it stayed flat and just bounced around. oh yeah all weight and fuel cell mounted high. what part of three wheelin setup am i missing?
    I would guess that the 62 in rear end is the problem with the side bite???
    Gator Engineering

Thanks for the info so far guys. Hey stock car driver sent u a message a while back would appreciate it if you checked it out. Thanks
    Im worn out with all the pm and email and fb messages of guys wanting set up help. While its fun to help and satisfying to get the hey it works emails or I won xxx races its gotten to be too much.

I have turned off my pm on here and am letting people know who send me messages thru other avenues that I am trying to forget stock car set up tech to make space in my brain for modified set up.