Thread: BMS or SHAW

Default BMS or SHAW

I think I have narrowed my search down to 2 finalists, a 2012 BMS and a 2012 SHAW.can anyone give me an opinion on wich one i will be happier with?

What rules will you be running, might make a difference.

i will be running IMCA mostly dryslick tracks

I can't help on which car but give both of them a call and see how you like the customer service, that means a great deal in the future ownership of a car if you have problems. Best of luck in your decision.

Shaw, call Kevin and he will be more than happy to help you. Great group of guys down there.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Go with a Shaw. Great support, smart people, fast race car. Buying one of their cars is the best decision I've made in racing.

I would talk to both. BMS has a lot of good cars out there too, especially with the 604.

Shaw has really good support. Brandon I've heard doesn't return calls as well. I know whenever we order parts for shaw cars or anything for that matter they're right there always for us. Some upgrades I would want though for the chassis like brackets on front and rear suspension mounting points. So shaw for tech support and getting parts fast.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

We are less than 50 miles from BMS and i watch Brandon race weekly. the Cars are fast but getting support and parts is not fast.

We have had a TON of guys in our area switch to JET mods from Johnny Sathoff(spelling) which is also less than 50 miles from us. and man those cars are fast, especially with 604s.

thank you for all of your help guys. Defenetly a big decision to make. i think you guys helped make it a little easier

i would have to say shaw if your only two options. kevin has helped me over the with my old car and it wasant even a shaw. a lot of places would have not given me the time of day. with that said lighting makes a wickid fast car and he will help you with anything. ive had him respond to me here at 11pm on a sunday!!!

you ever look at a shaw cage behind the driver or over his left shoulder? I would turn down a free pair of those, as I value my life and like to be inside the cage.

I too would go for a BMS. They are built great and I have had great luck with them.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    you ever look at a shaw cage behind the driver or over his left shoulder? I would turn down a free pair of those, as I value my life and like to be inside the cage.
    I would agree with stock. They are a "Re clip" waiting to happen. Safety should always be number one.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMentally View Post
    I would agree with stock. They are a "Re clip" waiting to happen. Safety should always be number one.

I'm only curious but how so?

First I've ever heard of shaw having a safety or strength issue?

Seen a lot of shaws take hard licks and rolls and never seen one any worse after than any other make.

Quote Originally Posted by rsawyers9 View Post
    Seen a lot of shaws take hard licks and rolls and never seen one any worse after than any other make.
    Rear clips we see bend very easy. Especiallly where the rear bumper support is. When hit from behind it kinks fuel cell area. I suggest using very thin wall tube on bumper or something else to give that will absorb energy before chassis does. Just what I've seen and there is usually a long line of them needing clips behind their shop.

I have owned 3 Shaw cars and all of them were good , 1good resale, 2 Kevin Shaw and Jason are the best, never swung a rear tail, diver was never out side of cage if you have the right cage {std cage big boy cage} and vary good on dry slick,

I only know what I know

BMS hands down over a Shaw I have driven both. Talk to Andy he will help you out.