Default Tire problems on a hobby stock.

Take a look and tell what you think I need to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Might need to increase air pressure, or if it's just real loose tighten it up.

I have upped the air pressure from 23 lbs up to 30 lbs. I am afraid to tighten the car up, because it is winning races. The car rotates through the corner very nice. What about a softer compound? These tires measure 75 with a durometer.

I've run fairly soft tires, but if my car was "hung out" loose the rr would severely chunk.

If its winning just buy more tires. LOL

I had that strategy last year, but I am trying to figure something else out. The car is hung out in the center of the corner but pretty good off.

What tire is that? A softer tire with smaller tread blocks and more sipes may do a better job of not chunking out. A tire that works good is going to wear pretty quick. I use to get 2-3, 4 nights at the most out of my RR. They would also feather pretty good every night but I raced on a lot of dryslick tracks. 1-2 nights then flip it and then 1 or maybe 2 nights after that. Eric

On the outer row of tread just where it's chunking I would take a buffer an roll the leading edges of the blocks quiet a bit. This will keep from rolling the edges back an ripping the tread off.

Back when we ran radials we couldn't run the Firestone Indy 500 on the rr. It would blow the tread right off. Always ran delta Sierra radial or mastercraft avengeron the rr.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bangerhotrod View Post
    On the outer row of tread just where it's chunking I would take a buffer an roll the leading edges of the blocks quiet a bit. This will keep from rolling the edges back an ripping the tread off.
    Agreed.^^^^^^
    Gator Engineering

Thanks guys I will give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Racar21 View Post
    Back when we ran radials we couldn't run the Firestone Indy 500 on the rr. It would blow the tread right off.

I found that out myself after going through about 4 Firestones, all looked just like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ask the master of tires on the mod board they know everything lmao

Is it hitting the fender ? The tread looks like it has been torn off,not worn off.

It would be helpful to know which tire this is... LR or RR. The tread pattern appears to be a directional tread and the chunks seem to be on the back side of the tread. I don't think it's hitting the fender or there would have been more consistent wear (like a worn shoulder) on the tire. Other than the missing chunks, the tire seems to be wearing evenly so I also don't think it's a tire pressure issue. So that leads to two guesses... First, the rubber compound on set of tires that you are running may have been contaminated during the manufacturing process. All of the tire manufacturers have had batch recall on tires - the most publicized of which is the Firestone fiasco. Next there are some tracks who build banking in the corners by layering gravel/rip rap under the dirt. As track prep occurs (typically wetting, aerating, and grading followed in by a break in period) enough clay/dirt is removed to allow the gravel to peak through the track surface. Verify your setup. Change out your tires and run a race. If you still see the chunking then change your line 1/2 lane up or a 1/2 lane down. If you still see the same tire results pull the rear and take it to someone with a jig to make sure the rear end is square.