Default Need a measurement

I need a measurement from the motor plate back to the center of the axel tube at ride height,
    thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by not clamped up View Post
    I need a measurement from the motor plate back to the center of the axel tube at ride height,
    thank you in advance
    ours is 76''

Quote Originally Posted by not clamped up View Post
    thank you in advance
    This could differ quite a bit from one car to the next. But in theory it should be about 25 inches shorter than the wheelbase. The 25 inches being the distance from the number 1 spark plug to the mid plate plus the setback (6 inches on most cars). Since setback is from the ball joint and the ball joint is roughly where the spindle is, wheelbase minus 25 should equal the midplate to the rear axle.

My curiosity begs me to ask why you are looking for this number?
    Last edited by Matt49; 12-12-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    This could differ quite a bit from one car to the next. But in theory it should be about 25 inches shorter than the wheelbase. The 25 inches being the distance from the number 1 spark plug to the mid plate plus the setback (6 inches on most cars). Since setback is from the ball joint and the ball joint is roughly where the spindle is, wheelbase minus 25 should equal the midplate to the rear axle.

My curiosity begs me to ask why you are looking for this number?
    Thanks to both of you,i'm comparing a late model 5th coil to a modified 5th coil which we have working real well.What I'M looking for in paticular is why we can't get shorter than 36 out,car is good until we move the 5th coil back then we have no bite its not a problem really I just have heard of folks running them at 32 and winning we are staying at 36 it works for us.

The mod, depending on the rules, should be 72". That's what most mod rule books limit them too.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?