Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sbc oil pumps?

X 1,000,000

I see Carl brought in the peanut gallery for reinforcements..LOL! Nice to hear from you again Emjay..its been years!! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

CNC wasnt patted on the back enough as a child. OMG Talk about an ego. If you are that good, why do you spend time on here messing with us less fortunate in the brain dept? Put you building blocks away and go to bed, cus its past your bedtime. I will take one of your towels. I live on the corner of Kiss and My A$$

Quote Originally Posted by Dirts4Racing View Post
    CNC wasnt patted on the back enough as a child. OMG Talk about an ego. If you are that good, why do you spend time on here messing with us less fortunate in the brain dept? Put you building blocks away and go to bed, cus its past your bedtime. I will take one of your towels. I live on the corner of Kiss and My A$$
    I make good money with block building business LOL.

I have a pretty good record when it comes to building engines and how about how many engines do you build????

Just probably play in a very small sand box!!!

I done pretty good both shops paid for trucking business is paid for and my house and properties are all paid for LOL I guess I have done alright.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    LMAO.

Here's an answer for anyone that cares...

I will not drag this person into his but here's why I will be running the H V pump

"What you have is a bunch of people talking about something they know nothing about.In a wetsump you always want to run the m55hv.Pressure robs hp.Oil volume cools your bearings.Neither one causes oil to be whipped up.The better design of the pan the less whipping of the oil will occur.Pressure or volume has nothing to do with it.It is simply a function of a wet sump engine."

Take it or leave it... Next we gonna hear that a "stock" water pump is better.
    When using a HV pump and the oil is not being used and its bypassing in the pump it goes no where the oil does get whipped up in the pump. Think about.

I do quite a few Honda rod 283 main engines try running an HV pump with one of those engines and tell me how that works???????

It works fine.All my engines are drysump and I use the wide body pressure section in all of them.More volume than the m55hv has and never any problems even with honda journals and 283 mains

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    It works fine.All my engines are drysump and I use the wide body pressure section in all of them.More volume than the m55hv has and never any problems even with honda journals and 283 mains
    You don't run any oil coolers??? Or valve cover sprayers??

Last edited by CNC BLOCKS; 12-31-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Omg cnc, i i i i i i me me me me me i i i me me me me. Your head must be super large with such an ego. No one likes a bragger. By the way i dont build motors i race with them and how many dirt track champioinships do you have? Apples and oranges. You sir and i say " sir" loosely you need to go back to your shop and let us less educated discuss these things. You head must be bursting with knowledge. I hope to get my towel sometime this week.

my question is of a pure stock engine failure had .002 rods and.0025 on mains and i think i pumped all of the oil to the top .i spun bearings and was using a big block pump. would i have been better off to use a std stock pump with these clearances?remember pure stock stock everything and 410 lift cam no domes or forged allowed thanks

Omg cnc, i i i i i i me me me me me i i i me me me me. Your head must be super large with such an ego. No one likes a bragger. By the way i dont build motors i race with them and how many dirt track champioinships do you have? Apples and oranges. You sir and i say " sir" loosely you need to go back to your shop and let us less educated discuss these things. You head must be bursting with knowledge. I hope to get my towel sometime this week.
    Before the local track went to asphalt It was clay track and I did have championship engines back them !! Any other questions???

been doing this for many years now I can say been there done that. I deal with engine builders and other machine shops all over.

Oldgold,
    You don't need a bb chevy oilpump in a sb chevy.While that is probably what caused your problem it is easy to not have it happen again.You can never have too much oilpump,the problem is you have to get the oil back to the oilpan.The rear oil drainback hole has to be enlarged quite a bit.Proper block preparation is the secret.

Perfconn: I would caution oldgold or anyone else running in a purestock type of applicaton that too big of an oil pump places a lot of stress on distributor and camshaft gear. Very possible to get premature wear due to this as well as inconsistent ignition timing.

You are entitled to your opinion and I will respect it, but I disagree with you that you can have too large of an oil pump.

Bob

Bob,
    I agree with you 100%.Thats the reason I told him a bb chevy pump was not necessary and was probably what caused his bearing problems.You can never get rid of spark scatter in a wetsump engine unless you use a crank trigger.His problem could also have been caused by a bad oilpan design.Many years ago back in my super stock drag racing days,I had a wetsump engine losing oil pressure at the end of the track when I hit the brakes.I solved the problem by simply puting a corvette oilpan on that had the proper trapdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    Before the local track went to asphalt It was clay track and I did have championship engines back them !! Any other questions???

been doing this for many years now I can say been there done that. I deal with engine builders and other machine shops all over.
    OK you build motors. I get that. You think you are the only one that does? My question was how many Championships do you have DRIVING. I would assume NONE. You ask how many motors people have built, like that is the only thing that goes into a race car. If everyone was a big engine builder you would be out of business. Take note how there are two guys that may not agree on here but have the ability to agree to disagree. You may have the last word as always.

OK you build motors. I get that. You think you are the only one that does? My question was how many Championships do you have DRIVING. I would assume NONE. You ask how many motors people have built, like that is the only thing that goes into a race car. If everyone was a big engine builder you would be out of business. Take note how there are two guys that may not agree on here but have the ability to agree to disagree. You may have the last word as always.
    No I don't drive, I am not the only engine builder out there that's for sure I deal with a lot of good engine builder all over the world.

I do have an impeccable record for engines I have built for my customers, World records??? I am very well known out there as my shop is set up to blue print blue print blocks period !!! Good honing equipment.

Not every engines builder has a shop like mine as I have 2 shops though with top of the line equipment and it has paid off!!!

I do have good bragging rights and have seen what works and what does not work when it comes to building engines.

Not many shops out there are set up to Blue Print cam tunnels ETC. Most shops just bore cylinders to where the cylinders are located cause they have no way to blue print bore them. Machining lifter bores with fixtures bolting 5 pieces together in not very accurate ETC.

Carl I have no reason to doubt your abilities, but you really need to put a sock in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodz View Post
    Carl I have no reason to doubt your abilities, but you really need to put a sock in it.
    Why would any body doubt my abilities?? I can back up what I say. I have a lot of followers believe me, At my shops I do what a lot of other shops can't do no big deal so when I posts pics ETC its not bragging its what I offer at my shops and I am proud of what I do. My prices are hard to beat!!!

I am not a bolt on boy that buys used parts and assembles them and being an engines assembler VS and engines builder who machines everything is house there is a big difference!!!

If you don't like what I post don't be a baby put me on your ignore list and you wont have nothing to cry about!!!

I dont know how I missed this but thanks stockcar5. Check this out and it is all you need to know. http://www.cncblockne.com/

I dont know how I missed this but thanks stockcar5. Check this out and it is all you need to know. http://www.cncblockne.com/
    There is a reason John Supino has been thrown of about every website out there LOL. Cause he worked for World and I have had to many issues with World blocks so he wrote a blog as you can see he does not get along with any one the sells Dart in this thread he is JOHN@BMP
    http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic...360548#p360548

I should have my website site done in a few days as I will post so you can say I'm bragging LOL.

[QUOTE=ford396;1759000]Perfconn: I would caution oldgold or anyone else running in a purestock type of applicaton that too big of an oil pump places a lot of stress on distributor and camshaft gear. Very possible to get premature wear due to this as well as inconsistent ignition timing.

You are entitled to your opinion and I will respect it, but I disagree with you that you can have too large of an oil pump.

Bob[/QUOTE i have always thought that pressure and volumn were what you needed to prevent spun bearings and have never been happy with 35-45 lbs at racing rpms and oil lite on with cautions and i have always heard big block pumps have a steadier oil pressure due to 12 teeth on the gear. please enlighten me. our max rpms are 6200 on hydraulic lifters.