Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sbc oil pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by dereksehi View Post
    You are literally to much of a jack*** to deal with if you are as good as you claim how come Roush/Yates, Hendricks or Tony Stewart Racing hasn't picked you up? Big deal you can CNC a block can you do anything else? I can do any operation in my shop within .0002" that includes grinding crankshaft, line boring blocks , sizing connecting rods, honing cylinders fitting guides and valve jobs. But according to you, you are the only one in the whole world who can build a good engine just because you can CNC. Well let me tell you something a good machinist is innovative and can come up with many different ideas and will figure out what is best. Also at times he will admit that he does not know everything and is not afraid to pick the phone up and call classy engine builder unlike yourself. A true machinist can do good work without a computer. Since you have a CNC why don't you build your own (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) oil pump so then the whole nation will know who you are cuz I haven't heard of you until this forum. I am finished with you sir, I apologize to the individual that wanted a question answered as this was the true purpose of this forum!!!!
    Let see I did spend some time at DEI years ago as they wanted me to go to work for them, I spent quite a bit of time in the shop going over what was going on,

Let see I have shipped 3 blocks to Hendricks Motorsports for engine builders that work there that build engines on the side.

Again go over my Face Book page, There are a lot of pics of some of what I do for a living. Just scroll down https://www.facebook.com/cncblocks.northeast

I can build a good engine no doubt and being able to do the work in a CNC machine give me an advantage over those who don't have a CNC machine.

Lets see If Hendrick's HAAS CNC machines are good enough for them then MY HAAS CNC machine should be good enough for me.

You only work to .0002 HMMMMM

So what machine shop do you own?? ANY PICS of what you do or are bull shyting everyone here LOL.

This is 2013 CNC machining is the way to go believe me again its 2013

What do you machine with and hone with??? Like to see some pics!!!!!

Like I said I have my engines have set national records and world records and what have you done?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

You should use profanity on this site !!!! Your showing how much of a moron you are LMAO.
    Last edited by CNC BLOCKS; 12-17-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Stock car driver I have cars that run Boone County Raceway, US30 and Riviera Raceway in Norfolk which is where I run a Northern Sportmod weekly always have several that go to spring and fall nationals and a few that make the pull to Boone for the SuperNats. I also have engines turning circles in Utah,Louisiana and Missourri. I have watched you run in Albion and put on a good show should you be there some night I am running I will come introduce myself.

The track is goin to be under new management this year so hopefully it will be even better!!

Why would a stock pan engine with a 400hp build ever need anymore than what came stock?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by dereksehi View Post
    You are literally to much of a jack*** to deal with if you are as good as you claim how come Roush/Yates, Hendricks or Tony Stewart Racing hasn't picked you up? Big deal you can CNC a block can you do anything else? I can do any operation in my shop within .0002" that includes grinding crankshaft, line boring blocks , sizing connecting rods, honing cylinders fitting guides and valve jobs. But according to you, you are the only one in the whole world who can build a good engine just because you can CNC. Well let me tell you something a good machinist is innovative and can come up with many different ideas and will figure out what is best. Also at times he will admit that he does not know everything and is not afraid to pick the phone up and call classy engine builder unlike yourself. A true machinist can do good work without a computer. Since you have a CNC why don't you build your own (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) oil pump so then the whole nation will know who you are cuz I haven't heard of you until this forum. I am finished with you sir, I apologize to the individual that wanted a question answered as this was the true purpose of this forum!!!!
    I got an email last nite from some one who saw this post and we both have a few questions for you as this guy that sent me the email I am sure uses a CNC machine as well.

You just told me how good your lets find out!!!! But you say you work with in .0002 HMMMMMM

First of all how do you bore your cylinders to blue print??? Please don't tell me your just throwing a boring bar on the decks and boring the cylinders and calling that blue print. Please post pics of your operation??? But you say you work with in .0002 HMMMMMM

How are you enlarging your lifter bores?? Please don't tell me your using fixturing!!! Its 2013 now !! But you say you work with in .0002 HMMMMMM

Here is a link on a guy that took his block I had machined and it ran fine till he thought he was working magic with his BHJ fixture and cost this guy a lot of money and now its not running the times it was before. I would say the seat timing events are not the same now compared to what I did and being a roller cam lifter bore placement is critical. Please post some pics???? But you say you work with in .0002 HMMMMMM
    http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=594824

What are you using to blue pint bore the cam tunnels??? Please don't tell me you having nothing to blue print with but you say you work with is .0002 HMMMMMM

Even chamfering the top of the cylinders every block I did the chamfer is exactly the same, Please don't tell me your chamfering the top of the cylinders by hand!!!! But you say you work with in .0002 HMMMMMM

Here is a little of what I do for blue printing a block. Could you post pics of what you do as you told me how good you are remember (But you say you work with in .0002 HMMMMMM)

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93124
    Last edited by CNC BLOCKS; 12-18-2013 at 06:53 AM.

To the OP if you can use a std volume pump and maintain 60 pounds of oil pressure while racing you have more then enough oil pump, An HV pump in the same application your just eating up HP and heating the oil up.

I just got an e-mail from a guy who saw this post. He says carl is NOT acutally a machinist. Just a cnc button pusher!! LOL HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    I just got an e-mail from a guy who saw this post. He says carl is NOT acutally a machinist. Just a cnc button pusher!! LOL HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
    Again I have only been CNC machining blocks for 13 years now and have been building engines since 1977 as that when Hinkson Automotive started when I was 17 years old.

You sound like Jesup making up stories but again go to my Face Book and tell me I am not a machinist and I have a pretty good rep out there as I deal with a lot of shops and engine builders LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/cncblocks.northeast

Lets see what do have to machine with OHHH

A 4 axis HAAS CNC machining center

2 Line hone tables one at each shop

2 Sunnen rod hones one at each shop

2 crank balancers one is a Stewart Warner other is newer Hines

1 cam tunnel blue printing fixture

2 line boring set ups

1 Sunnen 616 Cylinder King hone and many different kinds of Torque plates

1 complete head shop

2 Bridgeports

3 lathes

welding equipment

AND MORE

MR. WALMART GREETER WHAT DO HAVE FOR EQUIPMENT AND WHATS YOUR CLAIM TO FAME!!!

All you do is run skimmer and make no sense!!!! LMAO

Dart recommends regular volume on their blocks since they are a main priority oiling system. I use this guidline for Dart and HV for factory blocks. Don't beat me up if you disagree, just the method of my madness (racing is a madness, right)?

M55HV and 20-50 "diesel" oil. Engine builder put it in and said run it, so I run it.

Quote Originally Posted by merc123 View Post
    M55HV and 20-50 "diesel" oil. Engine builder put it in and said run it, so I run it.
    20-50 "diesel" oil Never heard of that oil for diesels! Who makes that??

Can someone tell me how much HP a HV pump uses over a stock pump

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    Are you kidding?

Uhhhhhh, Shell, Mobil, Amsoil, Castrol.....................................

I used google btw. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. In the winter here in northern Canada I use 0w40 in some our equipment.

You were ignorant and said it didn't exist. Why be ignorant? It's not that I'm being like dynogirl.

Thanks! Cheers. Merry Christmas.

Was it ever determined what the best oil pump might happen to be???

Quote Originally Posted by LateModel B23 View Post
    Was it ever determined what the best oil pump might happen to be???
    Take your pick as there are a lot of different views on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post

It's next to the blinker fluid and muffler bearings. When you get your head out of your rear maybe you should use some of that extra free time to look up API oil certification marks.

Here ya go, I'll save your the trouble:

4. Multiple Performance Lvels
    Oils designed for diesel engine service might also meet gasoline engine service. For these oils the designation is "C" category first followed by the "S" category. "C" category oils have been formulated primarily for diesel engines and may not provide all of the performance requirements consisten with vehicle manufacturers' recommendations for gasoline fueled engines.
    Now run along and play with your blocks child and let real men carry on a conversation.
    Last edited by merc123; 12-26-2013 at 07:30 AM.