Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sbc oil pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by merc123 View Post
    It's next to the blinker fluid and muffler bearings. When you get your head out of your rear maybe you should use some of that extra free time to look up API oil certification marks.

Here ya go, I'll save your the trouble:

Now run along and play with your blocks child and let real men carry on a conversation.
    Just what I need some idiot telling me about oil as some one all ready posted the links. Pull your head out of your a$$ and read before you post. LOL

Geez CNC why do you have to be such an A hole? Is that a way of life or do you have to work hard at at?

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    Just what I need some idiot telling me about oil as some one all ready posted the links. Pull your head out of your a$$ and read before you post. LOL
    Kettle...meet pot. Maybe you should read about oils before posting that you've never heard of diesel oils. Then we could have completely averted making you out to be the idiot.

You guys are all acting like a bunch of Fu@#ing 2 year olds. Grow the F&*k up and get a life!
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Thumbs up

That is what EVERY single post turns into, a pissing match. A big LIKE to usafracer, your last post was right on!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by merc123 View Post
    Kettle...meet pot. Maybe you should read about oils before posting that you've never heard of diesel oils. Then we could have completely averted making you out to be the idiot.
    Why would any one use diesel oil in a racing engine???

And you keep going!! If I knew nothing about your business but what I read in this thread I wouldn't send you a (or the other machine shop guy) a f#$king lawn mower. You two piss around like an old married couple.
    Last edited by usafracer; 12-28-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
    And you keep going!! If I knew noting about your business but what I read in this thread I wouldn't send you a (or the other machine shop guy) a f#$king lawn mower. You two piss around like an old married couple.
    Believe it or not I am pretty busy and I can say both shops, house, trucking business and properties are all paid for so I done very will.

WTF is NOTING ?????????????????? I guess went to school and you didn't LOL.

Scroll down my F/B page I do alright.
    https://www.facebook.com/cncblocks.northeast

Thank you for pointing out my grammatical error. I fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    Why would any one use diesel oil in a racing engine???
    Well back before racing oils were abundant and plentiful diesel oils were better than off the shelf gas engine oils because they had more properties like zinc and moly that gas engine oils don't because of government epa regulations.

Default shell

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    Well back before racing oils were abundant and plentiful diesel oils were better than off the shelf gas engine oils because they had more properties like zinc and moly that gas engine oils don't because of government epa regulations.
    yes... up until a few years ago shell rotella-t 15w-40 was a very good flat tappet engine racing oil had a very high zinc content and was one of the last" off the shelf" oils with a high zinc content. the only thing I didn't like about the shell oils is that when they broke down it was instant. between 5 and 6000 miles our construction trucks would loose 10 to 15 psi on the oil just like that. change oil and back to 60 to 65 psi. we would send in oil samples and it wasn't due to fuel dilution, just lost viscocity.

Quote Originally Posted by joeltjen View Post
    yes... up until a few years ago shell rotella-t 15w-40 was a very good flat tappet engine racing oil had a very high zinc content and was one of the last" off the shelf" oils with a high zinc content. the only thing I didn't like about the shell oils is that when they broke down it was instant. between 5 and 6000 miles our construction trucks would loose 10 to 15 psi on the oil just like that. change oil and back to 60 to 65 psi. we would send in oil samples and it wasn't due to fuel dilution, just lost viscocity.
    When Rotella lowered the zinc I switched over to the CENPECO 15/40 S-3 oil which has 1582 PPM of zinc so far my Peterbilt has been very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Why don't you go do the back to back and tell us?

Ive done a back to back on a chassis dyno with two oils and gained some rwhp. Dynogirl says he can get ya 25 hp with his special proprietary oil filter!
    So what HP gain did you get ? Have you ever tried it with different pumps?

If anyone cares I just got a m55hv because I knew it would work. Not real sure why this thread turned into this. People need to argue less and wrench more. Back to the shop I go.

There have been many of those work for racers. Hope it does well for you. Next time maybe these guys will not turn such a simple question into a pi$$en match. Happy Racing

I've heard of a guy that does reduced volume pumps 20% less than standard volume. he claims back to back 6hp gain. so you could guess that going from standard volume to +20% would cost about the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    I've heard of a guy that does reduced volume pumps 20% less than standard volume. he claims back to back 6hp gain. so you could guess that going from standard volume to +20% would cost about the same amount.
    Thanks , I was just wondering, I think someone could improve on other places for more speed then a different pump. And unless someone is bumper to bumper with someone every race a standard pump is not going to help.

Amen to that, is 6 hp really worth a new crank and other parts or whole new motor?

I can see a std pump on a block with priority to the mains but whoa on anything else...
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    Amen to that, is 6 hp really worth a new crank and other parts or whole new motor?

I can see a std pump on a block with priority to the mains but whoa on anything else...
    I Have run the DRLV (Drag Race Low Volume pump) for years nor with zero problems 60 To 65 pounds racing what more could you ask for. One guy I build for 7 championships and no problems. This was a 010 block.

What parts should have failed?? And why??

One guy I build for 7 championships

Who?