Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Phil Robertson "controversy"

Can someone tell me what he said that was so wrong? What was a lie? How he "discriminated" against anyone?

The man said he thought homosexuality is a sin. Why is he being fired (indefinite hiatus) for answering a question he was asked in an interview???????

This world is soooo screwed up!
    Last edited by skids; 12-26-2013 at 02:45 PM.

they kick him but they let non talented pos try to entertain you some of the singers we hhave today sounds out of my toilet sounds better

Skids, the left wing extreme, radical, political correctness police are more active than ever before and it's gonna' get worse, too.

By the way who is Phil Roberston anyway?

A&E Over stepped the extremist on both sides have taken the political correct bull crap to new heights. I quit watching the show months ago due to it being scripted now and basically just a sitcom. They now make 400 million in shirts and hats way more than the duck calls ever could.
    I personal think they loved him when he preached and sighted the bible so they had to know he was like most of us anti gay. it's wrong no matter how hard they say it's natural and us tv personalities to tell us we are the ones that are wrong never once have I seen a gay horse or dog.

they're gat people on both sides CIRF so don't put this crap on left wing everyone in power has a hand in this crap!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah if it was Miley Cyrus it would be OK.
    First they take the Bible out of the schools, and now it has to be taken out of the media ? Our world has just become tolerant to everything that is wrong. I'm with Phil on this one. Homosexuality is Biblically wrong. A&E can take a hike on this one.

From what I understand, he was loosely reciting Corinthians, "judge not, least ye be judged." Where it went bad for him, was when he then lumped Gays, Bestiality and Terrorists together and said God would sort it out later. I see nothing wrong with that. Most Christians believe God will sort out a lot of things later, including lack of empathy for those worse off than you.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeater18 View Post
    Yeah if it was Miley Cyrus it would be OK.First they take the Bible out of the schools, and now it has to be taken out of the media ? Our world has just become tolerant to everything that is wrong. I'm with Phil on this one. Homosexuality is Biblically wrong. A&E can take a hike on this one.
    that was one of no talents I was thinking about please girl put some clothes on your too dang skinny

...and keep your dang tongue in your mouth!!!

Cool

I used to watch a& e all the time but since they kicked him off for giving his opinion they wont be on my t v. if they didn't want his answer don't ask the question. they wont have any trouble finding another channel for the show anyway.

Does Phil really want to work right now anyway? It's Duck season down there.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeater18 View Post
    phill wold be a better leader

Him being let go was a direct result of a small interest group run amok! They are going to push there agenda down America's throat whether we like it or not. Slowly but surely this country will accept this lifestyle as "considered" normal. The GQ interview was a setup plain and simple. They knew Phil has a strong Christian background and they played it like a fiddle. They knew he wouldn't lie about his belief's. And although he didn't judge anyone and still claimed to love them all the same they nailed him to the wall. They have to wipe out any and all bad publicity regarding homosexuality otherwise people begin to think it's ok to think for yourself and realize it's not a normal lifestyle in the eyes of Christians.

GLAAD just set there cause back some due to there outrage of a man who spoke his beliefs. His words did no harm to anyone, certainly no worse than what hollywood portrays white males as almost on a daily basis. I used to believe what you do in your bedroom is your business, but the more they push this agenda forcing everyone to accept, the more I am starting to push back.

At this point even if the show continues, which I doubt it will I will no longer watch any program on A&E. They certainly have the right to let Phil go and I support the right to do that. I also have the right to protest by not watching anything they show.

Phil has talent? LOL. I can't believe anybody gives 2 $hits about this guys job.

more talent then many so called leaders or entertainers

Stckcar5. You trying to say a guy who built a company from the ground up and is a multi millionaire many times over and had a top rated tv show has no talent?

Lighting doesn't usually strike twice so I am assuming he has quite a bit of talent. Judging by the response this controversy has stirred up I would say many people care about his job.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    Phil has talent? LOL. I can't believe anybody gives 2 $hits about this guys job.
    Before I read about this story on the internet tonight and figured out who Phil Roberston was I thought the same thing.

Some have said what about freedom of speech. Well Phil had the freedom to say what he wanted to say and he did and A&E has the right to do what they think is in their best interest and they did.

I don't see all the uproar about it quite frankly.

Kid.

A&E didn't do what is in there best interest. Otherwise they would have sent out a disclaimer saying Phils views do not speak for A&E. Best interest is keeping your number one show intact so you do not lose viewers. At this point they stand to lose ALOT of viewers. They picked sides and they will pay the price.

Phil too has paid a price but I believe they could get picked up by another station and continue on no problem. The question is does Phil even care if they go back on the air?

Quote Originally Posted by 15jr View Post
    Kid.

A&E didn't do what is in there best interest. Otherwise they would have sent out a disclaimer saying Phils views do not speak for A&E. Best interest is keeping your number one show intact so you do not lose viewers. At this point they stand to lose ALOT of viewers. They picked sides and they will pay the price.

Phil too has paid a price but I believe they could get picked up by another station and continue on no problem. The question is does Phil even care if they go back on the air?
    15jr,
    that's why I said they did what they think is in their best interest. I'm not saying what they did was right or will be in their best interest. Time will tell. I just don't know why anyone is making a big deal out of what he said. It's just his opinion and what he believes in what is so wrong about that.