Default Birdcage replacement

I understand the birdcages for a smackdown and a Gen-x are not the same but I'm unclear on what exactly is different between them. I'm wondering if a bolt-together, modular unit like the TWM could just have a component or two changed out to make them right. I'm guessing maybe just the body/tube part. Anybody mess with this?

The gen x uses a wider cage like a rocket car. It depends on the cages some can have parts changed out in expensively but some your better off just buying new ones and selling the old ones

I can give you exact measurements on the gen x cage tomorrow if you need

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I can give you exact measurements on the gen x cage tomorrow if you need
    I may get some measurements from you but I'm also going to call TWM. Having dealt with him before, he seems to shoot pretty straight. If it's just a matter of replacing barrels or something, it has to be cheaper even considering what I would get for the used old ones.

If you have a smackdown the left side from a gen x will work but the right side gen x is too wide. I tried making it work earlier in this year.I have a TWM set for both if you need measurements or pictures side by side.

what if you have gen extra that has a smack tail on it. then should you use all smack rear on it.