Default Boyd Speedway Official Press Release Dec 21st, 2013

BOYD SPEEDWAY OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: (Chattanooga/Ringgold) December 21st, 2013

Boyd Speedway will be under NEW ownership for the 2014-racing season. Richard and Robert Harvey wish to congratulate Dale McDowell and David Duplissey on their new endeavor. Richard and Robert Harvey also wants to say a “Special Thanks” to the employees, racers and fans on a wonderful 6 years at Boyd Speedway. When the Harvey’s purchased the track some six years ago it was their desire to give racers and fans alike a great family oriented facility. The many improvements made over the years have made Boyd Speedway one of the premier facilities in all the country. The Harvey’s stated: “it was time to take the speedway to the next level and both Dale and David are just the people to get the job done, with David’s love of racing and Dale’s enormous racing experience it will be a great addition to our racing community.”

Dale McDowell and David Duplissey say little changes will be made to the racing program. They “Thank” both Richard and Robert for the tremendous job they did to maintain a great tradition at Boyd Speedway. David stated: “ It was my intention and desire to purchase Cleveland Speedway and maintain a tradition that Joe Lee Johnson started many years ago, but it became apparent that the ability to do that just wasn’t going to happen. I love racing and with Dale’s knowledge of what racers and fans expect, hopefully we will bring many new ideas to the table at Boyd Speedway. It’s our desire to continue what the Harvey’s have built upon and will continue to use the current staff that Richard and Robert have counted on to provide the best show possible. One major change that the racetrack will make is that we will begin a new tradition of racing on Saturday nights beginning with the 2014 Cabin Fever. Being so close to the central time zone its very hard for some racers to get there on Friday’s due to the work schedules so by changing to Saturday this will allow more racers and fans alike to come and enjoy the racing program.”
    Dale McDowell stated: “ he’s excited about the opportunity to work with David, David has a special love for racing and this gives us an opportunity to give back to the racing community. David and I will work to promote the best racing facility possible; I will work during the week at the track to help make the future improvements that the Harvey’s have started for the upcoming season. To my racing fans, no I’m not giving up racing, I committed to TeamDillon racing and a wonderful relationship I have with them and our sponsors. This gives me an opportunity to teach, race and promote racing when possible. When I’m not in the TeamDillon #17M I will be at the track helping others and promoting our great sport. But this gives me a special opportunity that I have looked forward to for a long time.”

Both Dale and David have asked that you not burn up their phones with questions about upcoming events and rules, those will be posted early next week. Some changes to the Steel-Headed Late Model will be made and the introduction of 525 engines will be clarified at that time. “We are working hard at getting rules and schedules in the hands of fans and racers as quick as possible, please bare with us.”

Once again I want to say “Thanks” to Richard and Robert Harvey for what they have done at Boyd Speedway. And if I know both as well as I do, they will continue to do all they can to help and promote local dirt racing when possible.

If Cleveland and North Georgia runs the three tracks will be spread very thin all running on Saturday nights, but my guess is the new Promoters of Boyds knows something for sure about the other two tracks that we don't.

i bet your right they know cleveland is going down i think you will see north ga or the new i 75 speedway move to friday nights with same rules as boyds

If rumor mill was correct Duplissey was the best chance of keeping Cleveland a racetrack. No Ga would be best option for Friday. No Ga would draw from Boyd's and Dixie.

north ga should the last race they had about 20 econo 20 mod hobby alot from dixie they should keep econo

This doesn't bode well for the news for Cleveland sad to see it go , but its looking like more of a reality . I hope someone keeps it racetrack .

BUT I have always wanted to see more races at Boyds and with it being on Saturday nights I look forward to going down there more often .

Quote Originally Posted by security one View Post
    i bet your right they know cleveland is going down i think you will see north ga or the new i 75 speedway move to friday nights with same rules as boyds
    I-75 will run Saturdays because Sopha's other track will run Fridays.

oh ok thanks for the info thats alot of tracks in your area on sat smokey mountain schedule looks awesome going to try to go to alot of them i hope the weather cooperates this year

David will be good for Boyds as he will be paying more,he has pleanty of money,Gave Dale $60,000 to get a new racecar with ,this is who we need!