Default clamp setup rf shock

How many guys run a tie down on the rf like a 3-8 or 4-6 on the clamp

I think everyone

Default shock

12-2 lock down

I'm still new to the mods. The whole Z link rr on top concepts but how's this help the clamp car vs LR behind.

Would that be a 2-12

Thumbs up

Woul a clumped up and a lr brhind take the same shock like lets say a 735 3 being comp.. 5 being rebound????? Thanks

sorry thats clamped

It's a 12-2 if it is a Bilstien. Thier numbers are backwards from everybody else's
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

A clamp car needs different shockes than a lr behind car especially in lr.

Wouldn't the shocks be pretty similar for both setups? Seems like in both deals you would want a shock that lets the car get on the right front and hold it there.Going 4/4 floated next year is the reason I ask. I appreciate the help!

From what I've read and been told a clamp car needs around a 6-2 lr and a floated needs around a 8-2 to 12-2 lr depending on the driver track config and trail braking. I'm NO expert so maybe others will reply.

On the rf your gonna want the rf pinned regardless of setup.

We ran a 3/7 on the RF this year and it really helped vs the 3/4 we had previously run. Seemed to control the car much better. That was with a 2 link though.

alot of it is what you want to feel in the car as well as what your car likes... i have customers running 4-7 up to 2-14 and everywhere in between. the cars are just as fast and i had guys win races with shock numbers all over the place.
    Fraley Racing Ent."Suspension with Attitude"7460 State RouteKinsman, Oh. 44428(330)240-5103Dealer for QA1, Outerwears, and Bernheisel Race Components

what would yall run on a 3 link spring on top both sides in the slick?..8-2 lr shock???

Quote Originally Posted by Fraley Racing Ent. View Post
    alot of it is what you want to feel in the car as well as what your car likes... i have customers running 4-7 up to 2-14 and everywhere in between. the cars are just as fast and i had guys win races with shock numbers all over the place.
    Couldn't agree more. Had a pierce clamp car and won last night of the year. Put the exact same 4 shocks on a totally different car (bandit) spring behind car on the same race track and won. In my opinion its all dictated by track and driver.

There are subtle things that change between the two cars if both are 4 bar but nothing overly significant. I'm sure other have different opinions and thoughts. Have run Bilstein 8-2cob off the shelf on the RF with a lot off success on a clamp car.
    Last edited by Renegade Cust Susp; 01-11-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: cNt spell

Victory Lane Suspension. Ryan Cook -owner. A good guy and very helpful.757-870-6301