Default 602 crate or build motor

dirt ,4/10s, good banking, renegade class, full frame,350 with 60 over max bore.425 lift, stock crank and rods no light weight pistons, open chamber heads. 72 cc. 1.94 valve. 2101 intake and box stock 1850 holley carb(can change jets), must weigh 3300 lbs, This coming season we can run 602 crate with 100lbs added and must use the holley 1850. What is the opinion on which engine is best? the corners on the track are fairly sharp and on a slick track we get down to about 4600 rpms. thinking that the crates torque might be good for the low rpms,,, give me some input guys!!!!

Does it have to be flat top pistons or can you use domes?

Is the cam lift at the valve? Hydraulic or solid?

Lots of variables before you would want to run a #3400 lb car.
    Last edited by DANNY; 12-24-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Dang auto type grrrrr
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Depends on the driving style also

Based on what you've given, I would build one. I don't think there is enough diffeernce in the two to justify the 100 pound penalty. With your limited rules, you should be able to build a decent motor for the same or less than the crate.
    Bill W. and Dr. Bob......who could have known.

Im kinda leaning toward the crate for a few reasons, they are supposed to be very reliable with oil changes and valve springs maintained. and a local racer i know has a 602 with 7 nights on it with water pump and pulleys for $2500. I appreciate all the info anyone has and keep it coming.