Default LT1 manifold VS Header

what are your guys opinion on the LT1 exhaust manifold over a header thats 1 5/8" tubing
    maximum diameter and merge into a 3" collector then down to 2.5 id... whats has better flow and better dyno sheets...

Quote Originally Posted by superstock_53 View Post
    what are your guys opinion on the LT1 exhaust manifold over a header thats 1 5/8" tubing
    maximum diameter and merge into a 3" collector then down to 2.5 id... whats has better flow and better dyno sheets...
    headers KILL manifolds. We threw headers on a hobby stock motor on the dyno and picked up 30hp and 30tq.

I removed my LT1 manifolds and bolted on a set of headers to run with the stock cars this year and gained 500 rpms with no other changes.

if you could run the headers with a 4412 cast intake would u or the lt1's
    ???

I have never tested headers that are restricted down to 2.5" pipe but I am sure they would preform better than any cast EX manifold. LT1's or good logs are about the same in my testing, logs have slight edge for TQ, but when I bolt on a set of headers we typically pick up 30-40hp on a IMCA hobby stock engine. and FYI add another 30hp or so to that switching from a good Rochester carb to a holley 500.

I would run headers without a doubt.