Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

That's to bad because there are some good unions still out there. I'm sure there are quite a few people out their wish they had the unions jobs back in the good ole USA and was making a decent wage to raise a family on.

So this twisted disrespecting idiot is in a union, how bout all but 36 of congress, that may not have said it, but did screw that guy out of thousands of dollars. It wasn't that he didn't earn or could use them.

It just don't make a lot of sense for the average guy to bash unions. They did a lot more for the average guy than congress has, in the past 100 years. I can see why big business bashes them. They present a problem for their goal of cheap abundant labor and are the only opposition when it comes to campaign finance. But, it's in print, it must be true. All union members hate all Vets. So, this translates to, mudslinger47 hates all union members. Makes perfect sense. NOT!!!

Republican propaganda looks like to me. I myself am an elected union official and my union works with veterans every day from fellow employees to donations for retired vets etc. That crap wouldn't fly wouldn't fly by us but I cant speak for everyone after all there are a lot of losers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    So this twisted disrespecting idiot is in a union, how bout all but 36 of congress, that may not have said it, but did screw that guy out of thousands of dollars. It wasn't that he didn't earn or could use them.

It just don't make a lot of sense for the average guy to bash unions. They did a lot more for the average guy than congress has, in the past 100 years. I can see why big business bashes them. They present a problem for their goal of cheap abundant labor and are the only opposition when it comes to campaign finance. But, it's in print, it must be true. All union members hate all Vets. So, this translates to, mudslinger47 hates all union members. Makes perfect sense. NOT!!!

I'm as average as they come Bub....I haven't had many, if any, pleasent dealing with a union. I met with the IBEW many years ago in reguard to the job I had and thought we could maybe organize our industry....every third word out of the bastards mouth was "dues"....what am I supposed to think....I sat in another union bosses office and listened to their labor leader brow beat their members into voting for Democrats...this is first hand, Bub, not second or third....I was in my late 20's or so and saw the writing on the wall as far as unions went...

Quote Originally Posted by wisdirtfan View Post
    Republican propaganda looks like to me. I myself am an elected union official and my union works with veterans every day from fellow employees to donations for retired vets etc. That crap wouldn't fly wouldn't fly by us but I cant speak for everyone after all there are a lot of losers out there.
    Thanks for replying. I know my local union wouldn't let that fly as well but, yes there are some unions or people in unions that are o good just like in everyday life. You have good people and you have not so good people.

I agree, that's what some of these guys do,once they find a bad apple they think all the apples are bad.

1st of all I have been in a union for every job I have had since I was 15 years old and I will be 54 next month. Thanks to my last union job that I was employed for 31 years but received 32 years credit (because I hardly ever called off) I am now retired. I retired at the age of 50 but went and got another job detailing cars. I have a chance to go and work another union(IBEW) job which I'm on right now as a temporary help. They are going to post the job this month and I have a real good chance at the job. They like the quality of work I'm doing on the job and asked if a job became available if I would take the job. I have never been persuade buy any union to vote for a particular party. The union can send me any flier in the mail all they want but I have always made the choice that I wanted to! So please tell me what the different between me paying union dues and you not. The only different is your employer can spend their extra money that they save by not paying union wages on a candidate that will help kill good union jobs. Since the republicans have been destroying union jobs since Reagan and looks what has happen to this country. The republicans and corporations have killed all of the good paying jobs in America. Now they are still trying to get people to buy things to get this country going again but citizens can't afford to buy anything because of the poor wages. Now I know you think I'm just blaming the republicans but I also blame the democrats just as much. They should of been fighting more for the unions but, when the corporations are handing them more money than the unions can they started turning against the unions. I thing the % of union jobs in America is like 7%. So you see there isn't much contributions coming form the unions. I have not voted for either of these 2 controlled party in the last 2 elections and don't see me voting for either one of them in the near future. If you think there is any different between the 2 you are wrong. Just set back and look what has happen in the last 30 years and ask yourself are we as citizen better off than we were 30 years ago? Now look at the big corporations are they better off? The major corporation are everywhere in the world. Remember the wars weren't for us it was for the corporations benefit.

Unions and Republicans on the same side?http://freedomredux.com/freedomredux...same-side/460/

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    I'm as average as they come Bub....I haven't had many, if any, pleasent dealing with a union. I met with the IBEW many years ago in reguard to the job I had and thought we could maybe organize our industry....every third word out of the bastards mouth was "dues"....what am I supposed to think....I sat in another union bosses office and listened to their labor leader brow beat their members into voting for Democrats...this is first hand, Bub, not second or third....I was in my late 20's or so and saw the writing on the wall as far as unions went...
    How about the writing that wasn't on the wall? Did the International brotherhood of electrical workers provide anything for those dues? Like a decent wage, insurance, job placement service, education and a safe work environment. Seems the IBEW even provided services to even non dues paying public, as they where instrumental in forming the UBC, united building codes. Anyone in the building trades, knows these codes ar printed with the blood of dead people due to poor building practices. The IBEW's apprentice program is second to none for becoming a journeyman electrician, a mix of class room and on the job training, all while they are getting paid to learn.

If you are a electrician and estimate a job, you compare the labor rates with union rates, not Jose with a pliers rates. So they even did something for you. I wasn't a electrician but was a millwright for a while, so that is first hand also. I was union for just a few years of my working life, but not so blind that I can;t see the good with the bad.

Thats find and dandy but you don't anyone to die because they were apart of a war that you didn't approve

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    Thats find and dandy but you don't anyone to die because they were apart of a war that you didn't approve

I'm not sure what you are talking about here, but you lost any remote control of committing to a war, with the advent of the presidential war powers act. It used to be, your representatives voted on this.

How about the writing that wasn't on the wall? Did the International brotherhood of electrical workers provide anything for those dues? Like a decent wage, insurance, job placement service, education and a safe work environment. Seems the IBEW even provided services to even non dues paying public, as they where instrumental in forming the UBC, united building codes. Anyone in the building trades, knows these codes ar printed with the blood of dead people due to poor building practices. The IBEW's apprentice program is second to none for becoming a journeyman electrician, a mix of class room and on the job training, all while they are getting paid to learn.

If you are a electrician and estimate a job, you compare the labor rates with union rates, not Jose with a pliers rates. So they even did something for you. I wasn't a electrician but was a millwright for a while, so that is first hand also. I was union for just a few years of my working life, but not so blind that I can;t see the good with the bad.

Problem was, Bub, he never got past what I could do for him, not what he could do for me....And I see the same flippin thing in the UAW and Teamster leadership at the highest levels....and your telling me it doesn't exist...ya, nice try

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Problem was, Bub, he never got past what I could do for him, not what he could do for me....And I see the same flippin thing in the UAW and Teamster leadership at the highest levels....and your telling me it doesn't exist...ya, nice try
    I'm not saying it doesn't exist. You always get good with the bad, you just don't throw the baby out with the bath water. The union membership, gets what they vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by ss12 View Post
    Remember the wars weren't for us it was for the corporations benefit.
    I don't know about you, but when I saw the people jumping from the top of the World Trade Centers after they were suicide attached I wanted my country to avenge these people's death in such a manner no other sane entity would allow people to plan, train, and coordinate such an attack from there countries soil.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here, but you lost any remote control of committing to a war, with the advent of the presidential war powers act. It used to be, your representatives voted on this.
    read the article she wants them to dies because they fought in a republican war what ever that is

15D then tell me why we went to Iraq then? Because they had WMD and nothing to do with terrorism. Terrorism is created by a government allowing another government to come in and take over a country. The citizen get together to try to take back what was theirs. If China was to take over the USA would you set back and let it happen? If you and some other citizens get together to fight back then you become a terrorist. Oh by the way Iraq was getting away from the petro dollar and after the invasion went back to the petro dollar. Libya wanted to get way from the petro dollar and go to gold. Iran doesn't trade its oil with the petro dollar. It isn't hard to figure why we want war with these countries.

http://www.petrodollarwarfare.com/
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-0...odollar-system
    Last edited by ss12; 01-01-2014 at 01:34 PM.

that why I say drill baby drill then they can have their oil in Iraq

15D then tell me why we went to Iraq then? Because they had WMD and nothing to do with terrorism. Terrorism is created by a government allowing another government to come in and take over a country. The citizen get together to try to take back what was theirs. If China was to take over the USA would you set back and let it happen? If you and some other citizens get together to fight back then you become a terrorist. Oh by the way Iraq was getting away from the petro dollar and after the invasion went back to the petro dollar. Libya wanted to get way from the petro dollar and go to gold. Iran doesn't trade its oil with the petro dollar. It isn't hard to figure why we want war with these countries.

I take it then by this post that you concede that the war in Afghanistan was not for "corporate interest," but to punish those who deliberately attached us and those who harbored them.

We went to war with Iraq to remove a despot from power. During his tenure he started two wars with his neighbors; Iran and Kuwait and was stopped from invading Saudi Arabia by the US and Coalition forces. He was known to use chemical and biological weapons in the war against Iran, he used it against the Kurds to stymie a revolution in '88. After 9/11 he was paying bounties to the families of suicide bombers who attacked Israli's. In direct violation of the Cease Fire Agreement he refused to let UN Weapons Inspectors access to suspected WMD facilites in addition he failed to destroy the WMD's while observed by UN Inspectors. He routinely shot at our Air Craft while they were enforcing the No-Fly Zone in Norther Iraq. In short he needed to either be completed isolated or overthrown.

If the manner in which we deposed of him you have issues with, I'm good with that as I didn't think the execution after the initial over through was very good. It is quite possible that he could of been isolated and his threat to his neighbors and the world greatly diminished. What we do know is that our supposed ally France was creating Iraq as a client state and was assisting the Iraq's in breaking the trade sanctions placed on them, so the isolation possibility isn't without it's problems either.

Your assertion that the Iraq War was precipitated by Corporate Interests or the Military Industrial Complex I just don't see and would need to see hard evidence, not some crazied conspiracy theory.

As respect to the War in Libya a reasonable person could make the argument that this was indeed a war based upon oil. Not for us, but for France and to an extent England. Gaddafi (however his name is spelled) was on the verge of losing control of his countries oil industries to the Muslim Rebels. That is when England and France decided that they had to intervene. Whether or not we should have assisted them is an argument that could be made on either side by reasonable people. Gaddafi needed to go, the problem was when we removed him from power we handed Libya over to the very same people we have been fighting in Afghanistan and to lesser extent in Iraq (although at the end of "W's" administration they were largely exterminated in Iraq.)