Thumbs up Boyds speedway 2014 news

Spoke with a reliable source this weekend at the PRI show and the owners of Boyd's Speedway have decided since the unfortunate closing of Cleveland Speedway that they are going to move their 2014 schedule from Friday night racing to Saturday night racing at the famous speedway. Should be a great new deal for the track owners and competitors and especially the fans. Look forward to coming to the track on Saturday nights.

Cleveland closing is still a big if. Sounds like someone is making a play to obtain the track and keep it as a track which is why the court delayed anything happening for a week. But if Cleveland does close, it would make sense for Boyd's to change nights.

Hopefully Cleveland continues on as a racetrack....IF Boyd's were to go to Saturday nights, East Tennessee definately needs a Friday night track racing weekly.

Great. Another track switching from Fridays to Saturdays... Exactly what we need. Anyone know when the details of the Cabin Fever race will be posted if they're having it in 2014?

I don't know how well saturdays would go at Boyd's,2 years ago at the cabin fever race that auto auction there closed down one whole entrance to the parking area,made everyone pile up along Scruggs Road trying to use one entrance.

Hope they change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenstates View Post
    I don't know how well saturdays would go at Boyd's,2 years ago at the cabin fever race that auto auction there closed down one whole entrance to the parking area,made everyone pile up along Scruggs Road trying to use one entrance.
    they bought the auto auction i think it would be a good if cleveland goes down

Quote Originally Posted by security one View Post
    they bought the auto auction i think it would be a good if cleveland goes down
    It's not good if you're a racer and want to race more than one night in this area.

bk I think he meant the auto auction would not be an issue since boyds bought it as he says. not that it was good that Cleveland was closing.
    victim

Quote Originally Posted by acetone View Post
    bk I think he meant the auto auction would not be an issue since boyds bought it as he says. not that it was good that Cleveland was closing.
    Got ya, I still don't like the move. I liked the option of hitting two races a weekend if I wanted, now the closest thing on Friday is tri-county. I liked the mix of cars a Friday show at Boyd's provided now that's over as well. The central time zone thing does not fly with me because those guys have ft Payne, tst, Winchester, and duck river to hit on Saturdays. It's never been my favorite track, it's pretty good and close to home. There's plenty of other options to hit on a Saturday.

They'll still be the odd friday show at other tracks,I guess. Is spring city racing in 2014?

Spring City........I like racing, but not that much.

same here bk
    victim

I'll go to spring city if no one else is racing,you bet I will! Boyd's needs to run supers on a weekly basis if they plan on sticking around.

Boyd's has had good crowds and good car counts on Fridays, and should stay with Fridays. If they are having curfew problems, their management is at fault. If a driver wants to race, he'll get off work or get the car to the track somehow. If they try to compete on Saturdays, they'll lose a few cars and some paying fans to each of the surrounding tracks. Sat. at Boyds sux.

Yeah, the curfew stuff goes back to the early 90's when Butch still had the track...Not really anything to do with the people that have run the track the last several years.Saturday night makes sense to me for Boyds, I just hope another track is able to move to Friday nights.