Default 2001 dodge dakota help!!!!!!!

Its a 5.9 r/t starts runs bout 5 secs dies no gaugrs or light working in dash anyone heard of this before any known fixes?? E

http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...d.php?t=108945

Not sure but maybe this will help

Does it have any form of security, anti-theft, or chip key ? Could be worth checking that avenue. A lot of good info on the forums too. I'd search on the one Kid gave you.

Check fuel pressure with key on, see if it drops. Check again when its running
    To bad people that know it all can't do it all!

Taking to shop tomorrow pretty sure its the anti theft it has the chip key i think thats what it is

You say all gauges go off. Does it seem like a dead short? If so, a shorted wire or mechanism anywhere in the truck can trigger this in the electrical control box. I fought this with a Ford van once, it was the switch that turned off the seat belt light. Good luck it's a real bear if this is your problem, mainly because it's intermittent. I replaced a lot of unnecessary parts along the way.
    Last edited by Bubstr; 01-07-2014 at 07:53 PM.

check air filter and box and line make sure field mouse has not built a home.

A friend says the best thing to do with a Dodge is to drag it out by the road, fill the bed with potting soil, and plant some flowers. As an option, you can mount your mailbox on the left front fender.

Sometimes smart money takes the truck to the dealer that sees these problems everyday. No matter how proficient you are, there is no replacement for seeing these problems every day. I was hard headed and fixed mine, but would have saved around $400.00 is I took it to someone that knew about the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Sometimes smart money takes the truck to the dealer that sees these problems everyday. No matter how proficient you are, there is no replacement for seeing these problems every day. I was hard headed and fixed mine, but would have saved around $400.00 is I took it to someone that knew about the problem.

LOL been there done that...us shade tree guys got a heck of an ego, that usually costs us more then it saves us on the tough ones.....a guy with a scanner OB1 or 2 can save you a ton of time and money...

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    A friend says the best thing to do with a Dodge is to drag it out by the road, fill the bed with potting soil, and plant some flowers. As an option, you can mount your mailbox on the left front fender.
    Exactly what I was thinking but did not post. lol

A buddy of mine has a Dodge Dually. He says the mileage and power are great. But, he says you really need 2 of them and a motorcycle in the back to get you to the other one because it's always breaking down !

Hmm, I drive a 72 Dodge about every day.... hasn't ever left me stranded..... has a lot to do with how you take care of them....my buddy has a 2002 GMC with 270K and it runs like a champ and he also has a Ford Van with over 369K and he's takin off to Vegas in it Friday....You take care of them, they'll take care of you, American or foreign

My racing buddy has A Dakota Renegade with the 318 V8. It's still low miles. The only problem he's had with it so far is the auto transmission had shifting problems. It seems to be okay now.