Default Right Front Brake OR NOT ?

What is the PROs and CONs of using a manual or eletric shutoff valve or a undersize 2" caliper on the right front, which is better and why ?

Electric is easier and has a setup where you don't get any bypass or pressure buildup, just flick a switch. Any kind of manual check ball or valve can be prone to bypassing depending on what you use. IMO

always have 4 brakes........use undersized or a less aggressive pad on the RF than the other 3 corners. 3 brakes love to do a 360 if you really need the binders. Spinning out in front of the field, sucks! Some racers love 3 wheel brakes but I think safety first! You can get the same concept with a 4 wheel brake system with the use of certain tricks of the trade.

does all the posts have to be moderator approved ?

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Compac...alve,1979.html i was thinking of using this on the right front only for "proportioning" wouldnt it serve the same surpose as using a 2" undersized caliper and be a lil cheaper ?
    Last edited by 3dinterceptor; 01-09-2014 at 02:37 PM.

I use a manual valve from the local hardware store. I only cut it off for tight turn small tracks, leave it open for larger sweeping turns.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddSmith16 View Post
    always have 4 brakes........use undersized or a less aggressive pad on the RF than the other 3 corners. 3 brakes love to do a 360 if you really need the binders. Spinning out in front of the field, sucks! Some racers love 3 wheel brakes but I think safety first! You can get the same concept with a 4 wheel brake system with the use of certain tricks of the trade.
    Absolutely!!!

I use a small caliper on right front, oversized on left, and standard on rears.

Just a front rear proportion valve.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Imo 3 wheel brake is a crutch for an ill-handling car, I agree with the undersize caliper or less aggressive pads. You could also go with prop valves, or a dual-master/balance bar setup.

I put it in all my cars where it is legal ( electric type ) . Some drivers use it all the time , some never , but if you ever screw up the setup and your car is pushing like a dump truck , you'll be glad its there to use. I also use a smaller less aggressive pad on RF. I find my street stock guys don't use it much , the crate late model , late model , and emod guys use it much more.

I broke a RR brake rotor off a hub in a feature. I couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't turn to save my life. Turned on the 3-wheel brakes and finished the feature in 5th. Only used it two more times in many years. Never needed it to make the car turn.

I like the idea of 4 wheel brakes, In our class we are not allowed to use a proportioning valve. So i guess im left with the option of the undersized on r/f, oversize on l/f and stocks on both rears.

Cut off some of the brake pad material from the backing plate on the RF. You'll still have a RF brake but extremely less effective due to the lack of available material. You can leave the portion that's viewable through the inspection hole on the caliper so tech won't no the difference unless they pull a caliper. It's free and easy.

I put it like this to people 3 Wheel is a crutch sometimes the track is super heavy when you get there and you know it will get slick later instead of throwing a bunch of changes at it just to take them out guys will use it or trailbrake with it. Its good to have even if never used it can make a bad night better sometimes if you just completely miss it you might get 5th instead of 7th. I use the electric and like it especially in late model, or a suck your shoes off track