Thread: Fram or WIX ??

Default Fram or WIX ??

Fram HP4 or the Wix 51061R. I have used both over the years with no problems with either one. I have a deal to get the Fram by the case for $3 and some change less than the WIX. Thoughts ???

hands down wix seen way to many failures off of saving a couple bucks on an oil filter to justify destroying an expensive race engine to use anything else the only thing you will ever see on my engines is the 51061r filter even if someone was paying for the filters

wix wix wix.

I have used both, but mostly use the FRAM and have never had a failure on the HP. I know a lot of people are hating on the FRAM, but I will continue to use them.

I've also used both with no issues. Every time I hear someone saying fram filters are junk I think of Steve Kinser's sprint car with that bright orange filter mounted on it. I really doubt he would risk a $40,000 engine if the fram filters were junk.

I prefer Wix but I dont like their racing filter I have had better luck keeping engines clean running the Napa Silver 31068 for the Ford and 31061 for the Chevy's which both are made by Wix. When I spoke to Wix about their racing oil filter which I used to run they claimed the racing filter was only designed to run one race cause they let everything but the kitchen sink through. They silvers still flow 9 gallon per minute and there isnt any wet sump oil pump that can pump that amount of oil. I just change it halfway through the oil change and have never had any issues and the engines have been alot cleaner since I switched. But to answer the question I would go Wix all the way.

WIX 51061 or the NAPA 1061 both have a 21 micron rating, I stay away from the R filter as they have a 61 Micron rating.

With the filter bypass plug the Fram filters don't work very well.

we ran fram hp4 for 30+ years neaver had 1 issue i have no complaints about fram at all won us several races just my opinion!!

We recently completed the testing phase of our new race oil filters and they should be available very soon.

We were able to design a very low restriction filter can and highly efficient media for this application. Flow rates exceed 32 GPM and the micron rating is 15.

Regards,
    R2C

Wix. I blew the canister off the fram junk and it cost me a 20K motor.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Quote Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
    Wix. I blew the canister off the fram junk and it cost me a 20K motor.
    Actually had a customer have a fram HP-6 filter blow a gasket out and fram paid to have the car fixed.

WIX 51061 has 9-11 GPM Flow Rate - WIX 51061R has 28 GPM. Will 9-11 be enough flow for a race engine?

Quote Originally Posted by avenger1 View Post
    Fram racing filters are fine, but the street filters belong in China. I ruined a street car engine years ago by running Fram filters. The whole inside of the filter collapsed and blocked the flow from the filter at highway speed, then it happened again on another car but luckily it had low oil shutoff on it. Knew a modified racer that tried the street Fram on a small block chevy. The oil pressure was 70 lbs coming out of the corner but dropped to 20 at the end of the straight, pulled the car in and was told to try a Wix filter, didn't have any more oil pressure problems. If Fram cannot make a decent filter for a street car I will never use the racing Fram just for principle of it.
    i too have used cheap fram filters and had oil pressure problems so i run wix 51061

Default rc2 air filter

Quote Originally Posted by R2C Competition Filters View Post
    We recently completed the testing phase of our new race oil filters and they should be available very soon.

We were able to design a very low restriction filter can and highly efficient media for this application. Flow rates exceed 32 GPM and the micron rating is 15.

Regards,
    R2C
    How is the testing going on the 10 inch air filters for the 4cyl motors.

you can get that wix filter at many parts housees with there name on it also

Wix, don't know anything about Fram racing filters. But the stock Fram filters are junk.