Thread: Cam ?

Default Cam ?

I have a solid cam with a 523 lift . Could I put hydraulic lifters in it ? If I did what would happen? Thanks for all the advice .

yes...they say you cant.....but dirt racers do it all the time......buy good ones if the spring pressures are high..

What would be the advantage?

What is a good lifter to use ?

Isky 202HY are by far the best out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rcrbullet View Post
    I have a solid cam with a 523 lift . Could I put hydraulic lifters in it ? If I did what would happen? Thanks for all the advice .
    IT would become a hydraulic lobe with the same lift and duration at .050 lift

Mechanical cams are rated at .020 lift and Hydraulic cams at .006 lift. So the advertised duration changes base on use of hyd or mech lifters

I did it years ago due to the fact you could not get a good hyd cam grind like I wanted. I used TRW vl 66rh lifters and set lash just like a solid lifter did it for years till tech man got smart and said no lash as it was a hyd only class .my question would be why as now there are no problems getting what you need as far as camshafts.

Crower makes a cheater hyd. Lifter to run on a soild cam for the classes that have a hyd. Cam only rule. Havent tried it my self bur did some research on it.