Exclamation Newbie wantabe IMCA mod owner

Hey guys got some questions,I am not new to dirt racing. But I know nothing about IMCA MOD or sport mods, I am a Navy Seabee stationed in Ventura, CA and will be here for quite some time...any ways I am looking for my first car and would like some pointers as far as what I need to look for. I want to spend about 3-5k on a roller, but I don't want garbage and I would like to find a MFG. that offers good tech support. Id like to run an IMCA Northern Sportmod with a 3 link and I know most "A" mod cars can be converted. any advise would be great! I am trying to run at Santa Maria speedway and Bakersfield speedway since Ventura Raceway doesn't offer this class. IMCA is the only major Sanctioning body around her just FYI. id like to meet some local guys around here if possible just to learn while I am getting my car put together. BTW I am looking for a car so if any one has a good (not junk) car pls let me know. Any info will be appreciated. thanks for your time!!!

OK I here jet has awesome tech support and if I were to buy another chassis I would go with one they do really well around here. Secondly look for a car that the previous owner has setup notes for. You will be ahead of the game. My car didn't have them so I started from square one. Any mod can be converted its just how much you want to spend. This is just my opinions I'm sure it will differ from other guys.

thank you! Duckhnter

I don't think Jet has great tech support on their sport mods. Goecke does a good job with their 4 bar setups, but they don't have anybody that is great with 2 link stuff.

I have found quite a few D&M cars in the southwest. im located in ventura, California looking for a car...I can not find any thing out about this company! dose any body have info if there good or bad. another chassis I have found is Hurricane again I have never heard of them as a modified chassis only a dwarf car! my price range for the sport mod roller is $2000 to $4500 ish I am looking to use 351w SBF! I know I can use a SBC for cheaper I am just a hard headed blue blood!!

D&M was out of Texas until the owner passed away a few years ago. I believe Alan Sharpenstien continued to build the same or similar cars but called them SRP. May try finding some info on SRP and see if they are still building cars they may be able to help you with tech support. I have a number somewhere for SRP if you can't find it I will dig for it.

thanks Dirtracer50 i will take a look around!Stock car,i am looking to purchase just the roller for that budget, i have a friend of the family thats a Ford engine builder in Washington State where im from. i have another budget for that lol! same with the trans and gears.. i dont mind an older car i since i am learning and expect to probly bend it my self i just dont want a car that crab walks down the straight more than it supposed to... what area are you in stock car? oh yeah and i need a lot of luck to find a ford powered car around here!

I do have a truck and activly hunting a trailer down as we speak..i dont plan on buying a car with out seeing it in person first! I will tow it home!! P.S. Dirtracer i found the website thank you!
    Last edited by cobrafrek21; 01-26-2014 at 03:20 AM.

I have a harris northern sport mod for sale. Excellent tech support; i have a 11 pqge setup manual i have; lots of spare parts; i would think anyone on here would agaree harris cars are all over the country with help from many drivers and web site. 3000 give me a call if you like 8157182997 thanks.

get ahold of clay daly,
    he runs twisted motorsports and can help you with all the tech support you will need,
    i would add westcoast buy/sell/trade on fb if you have a facebook. there are a few good mods in the nw and the west forsale.
    dillonsolumracing.weebly.com

hello, Duckhnter83 views are right, it will surely help to get a solution of the queries.

Stop by our shop in Ventura, Ca we will help all we can,www.OldiesSpeedShop.com

Will do oldies... Who should I come down and talk with?

Quote Originally Posted by cobrafrek21 View Post
    Will do oldies... Who should I come down and talk with?
    Talk to me, Mark I am the Shop Owner and I drive the #02 Shaw Modified...