Default Fuelcell installation

Hello Guys Im Recently Attempting To Install A fuelcell Into My front wheel drive car, Was wondering what all was needed to attempt this and what is the concerns-procautions of installing a fuelcell in a front wheel drive

I only have experience with RWD cars but the cell mounting is simple IMO, a 10 gal should be more than big enough, I place mine down in the spare tire compartment & use steel straps to hold it in place, just bolt the straps down on either side, I just drilled holes in the trunk floor & used big washers and lock nuts. I always set the cell down on a large piece of plastic, bigger than the cell itself. Seven years & no issues.

For a FWD (I assume its fuel inj.) you will need an external pump with a regulator and may have to drill a return line back to the fuel cell. Also the elec. fuel pump MUST have its own on/off switch, do NOT wire it up to the ign. This is what i've heard some FWD guys had to do.
    Last edited by Dirtman29; 02-18-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Pretty much the info above is what i did with a couple of my FWD cars. I used an inline electric fuel pump from late 80's EFI ford f150 plumbed into the original fuel line. There should be a regulator in or close to you fuel injection rail that will handle the job of regulating the fuel.

Heres my idea, On how to use a stock pump cut a hole in the top of out fuel cell for the pump mount to like it did on the stock tank and just bolt it like the fuel cap bolts on.