Default Pinto bump steer

The rules say we must run the stock Pinto front clip, steering and tie rod ends and can not use offset rack bushings.. I'm tiring to correct the bump steer issue but nothing seems to change it. Is there anything I can do to help??

Sometimes the Steeering arms will get bent in an accident..........
    JerryM

GF21............... Immediately order the Bob Bolles/HP Books "Stock Car Setup Secrets". ISBN: 1-55788-401-3 . Bob goes completely through the front-end/steering geometry & how to rid/adjust bump-steer & Ackermann. Amazon may have the book? And many race/performance stores can get the book.
    -Dave-

I have that book but the problem is we have to use all stock parts. Can't use anything to correct bump steer. So a guy should heat up the steering arm and bend it?

Heating it and bending it won't change your bumpsteer you have to change the heights of your rack which would change your inner pivot point height or shim your outer tie rod which you can't do.... bending a tie rod will change static because you now have bent parts but its the pivot points your after and bending the steering arm on the spindle will change your ackerman which will change your dynamic toe as you turn the wheel but this is different from bumpsteer that you get some compression and rebound of the chassis. You might be able to make a compromise using ackerman but on dirt your turning right and left so that won't really be feasible to do. You can maybe look into reaming your tie rod hole or seeing if you can find another stock tie rod when the same taper that will change the height of the tie rod but that will only work if you need to raise the pivot point. Tough task to tackle.

Look into the 90-93 mustang tie rod ends...

Sometimes you have to make a big adjustment on stock front ends. Try a 2 inch spacer between the spindle and rf tie rod. You have to match the arc of the lower control arm with the tie rod.Then, you will have to find a stock part or modify one to get it close. I used to custom make my draglinks by moving the pick up points, back in the early mod days.